IGNORED

Best CPU for hqplayer

sbenyo

30 minutes ago, Jens_G said:

@n2ityou wrote: I was reading in the other HQplayer thread that the new Nvidia RTX2080 can do DSD512 poly-sinc-xtr. 

Can you plz give a link on that post? Thx

Was it the post of @semeniub? But he statet out there: „I've checked for you, and DSD64 to DSD512 with the poly-sinc-xtr filter works just fine with the RTX 2080 card.“

That is not what I‘m looking for. I want to upsample redbook 44.1kHz to DSD512 using poly-sinc-xtr...

Hello Jens_G,

This is what I wrote in another thread. Forgive me, I don't yet have the forum skills for cross-linking to posts in other threads, etc:

"I am a new member to CA, but have been a longtime user of HQPlayer.

I just wanted to let everyone know that a recent graphics card upgrade to a RTX 2080 has now allowed me (with my modest i7-6700k CPU) to use the full poly-sinc-xtr filter and upsample to DSD512 smoothly. This includes 44/16 files.

CPU load is around 65% (Roon + HQPlayer).

GPU load is around 75%.

The computer is running Windows 10, and the latest NVIDIA drivers are installed. HQPlayer is version 3.25.

I was previously using a GTX 1080 graphics card, and running HQPlayer like this was not even close to possible."

So yes, redbook 44.1kHz to DSD512 using poly-sinc-xtr is possible with the RTX 2080 card.