IGNORED

Sonore ultraDigital v2.0

Will the isolation provided by the UltraDigital in theory block high frequency noise generated by an SPMS upstream in the chain (example iFi powering an Ultrarendu)? 

Just curious if moving an Sbooster to the UltraDigital and then powering the UltraRendu with SMPS is ok? Or is an LPS on both still the best? 

• 3 months later...
6 hours ago, Sonic77 said:

Just purchased an ultraDigital, can't wait to see how much of an improvement in sound it makes. I have a PS Audio Direct stream dac that I am using with a ultraRendu and am very happy with that set up. I wonder if the hdmi cable makes a difference?

Maybe consider getting the stock PS Audio HDMI cable, I've heard its manufactured by Kimber and PSA tends to love how it works with their components.

• 3 weeks later...

Quick question on the Ultradigital and the Stellar Dac from PS Audio.

Is it normal for the sample rate information and pcm/dsd to not show up on the SGCD? I'm assuming since the masterclock is turned off by default that there is no information for the DAC to display.

@barrows

ok thanks ill ask. So after listening for 3 hours to the Ultradigital my Stellar Dac went on the fritz, loud static, then no screen on reboot. Still functional otherwise now but will be sending back. 

The ultradigital powered by Mk2 Sbooster owns the Ultrarendu in my system. Holographic, more harmonic information, everything is more natural. Nice job Sonore! 

Oh by the way, the Ultradigital really does something because previously I went back and forth on Pcm vs pcm to DSD in A+ a million times. They were different with just the Ultrarendu in the chain but not huge. 

With th the Ultradigital the DSD conversion sounds euphonic with way too much airiness and no focus. Very weird trippy sound. Ultradigital with pcm straight from A+ is pretty much perfect. 

On 12/25/2018 at 8:10 AM, Cxp said:

Oh by the way, the Ultradigital really does something because previously I went back and forth on Pcm vs pcm to DSD in A+ a million times. They were different with just the Ultrarendu in the chain but not huge. 

With th the Ultradigital the DSD conversion sounds euphonic with way too much airiness and no focus. Very weird trippy sound. Ultradigital with pcm straight from A+ is pretty much perfect. 

Update to this, the euphonic sound was due to a technical setup issue with the Ultradigital. Jesus helped me adjust and DSD is now perfect with only DIP #7 on with Stellar Dac.

And as previously described, A+ DSD conversion w/Sox blows away PCM on Stellar Dac.

• 6 months later...

I've been running the Ultradigital for a year into the PS Audio Stellar Gain Cell using Sbooster Mk2 without the Ultra. Well, just got the 7.5V ultra for xmas and it transformed the sound! Noise dropped away, transparency up huge, and bass is much cleaner.

Macbook/Audirvana/SoxDSD128_upconvert -> Wifi -> Switch -> UltraRendu (Sbooster Mk2) -> Curious Regen Link -> Ultradigital (Sbooster Mk2/Ultra 7.5V) -> PS Audio HDMI -> PS Audio Stellar Gain Cell DAC

Note, I hear much better results plugging the Sboosters into the HC section of the Dectet which have common mode but not differential filtering. When the Sboosters are in the other zones the music dynamics go away.