IGNORED

Sonore ultraDigital v2.0

18 minutes ago, jcn3 said:

Since the rendus are renderers and the digital is a USB converter, it would be considered an add on.

I wouldn't - it'll probably work in precisely the same way, just outputting an SPDIF digital stream instead of a USB digital stream. It will still be recognised and behave as a Roon end point as the Schiit Eitr does.

The acid test for me is whether it will SQ outperform my Allo DigiOne with LPSU; if it does I shall buy one in a heartbeat.

Actually, my mistake, just realised it's USB input. Apologies JCN3.

In that case, I am not interested. I'd want ethernet input to the device (so I can use the bridged output of my server) with SPDIF output. I don't want to use USB anywhere in the chain.

Sonore need to have a think about that as they are missing an opportunity in my view.

10 hours ago, vortecjr said:

If we submit the unit to Roon if would show up as ultraDigtial. If we don't it would show up as micro/ultra/signatureRendu.   

The point is that Roon will see it and it'll work; I don't mind what it is seen as.

I would be grateful if you would respond to an earlier post of mine. Would Sonore make a SPDIF version of the mR/uR?