IGNORED

The Paul Hynes SR7

• 10 months later...
2 hours ago, marce said:

No argument over the resistors, where I have been for the last 5 weeks doing boards etc. they have the same issues with resistor drift etc. only on 35KV supplies for electron microscopes, but as I have said I would love to see some information on dielectric absorption on a PCB and its effect (if any) 50/60Hz PCB's. There's nothing wrong with using any dialectric you want, but you have to weigh up the costs against the benefits.

some are listening to dialectic

others use dielectric

• 5 months later...

If the post had substantive content, such as questions, listening impressions, or measurements, then re-post that portion.

And, if it was about long delays or something like then - everyone needs to realize that small or one person companies are subject to all sorts of such issues.  In the aftermarket sports car world a sick relative once caused the wait for polished Fuchs wheels to go from 1 year to 3 year.  It's part of the situation (or as Lee Scroggins would say "ecosystem").

1 hour ago, your momo said:

@Ralf11 - As we possibly share same interest for Porsche...

Can we really compare company like Fuchs Wheel restoration with Paul Hynes Design ?

- They claim 6 weeks delivery - no evidence they don't meet that...

- You pay at the moment work is done - not months/years upfront

- They have a fully operational workshop - nothing about blocked drain or what else excuses preventing to do their job timely

- Customer base is order of magnitude wider - here we are just 15 or so sitting in SR7 purgatory...

well, I was thinking more of a guy named John who does the wheel restoration in Calif. ...

but the broad principle applies (and that guy had people's wheels stacked up in his workspace or warehouse, so the customer was out of use of his wheels)

I noted your screen name, but didn't know which marque it was on!