IGNORED

The Paul Hynes SR7

2 hours ago, Johnseye said:

I have some very specific ideas and will list them in the next day or so. I think we could narrow specs down to fulfill the majority of people's needs in a single model considering the LPS-1. 2 already fills an area of need. 

We'll look forward to that.

2 hours ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

I think the best place to do this would be in the UpTone forum or at least a new thread with a better title. 

Quite right, thanks.

2 hours ago, mozes said:

Hi Alex

I will wait for you to let us know where you would like us to post our feedback.

Any of you can start a thread in our forum I guess.

1 hour ago, auricgoldfinger said:

I agree and think licensing Paul's designs is a great idea.

As @jelt2359 described, a good portion of what everyone seems to like about Paul's unit is that they are "bespoke" builds, based on individual user selection of options,be they number of rails, output voltages, connectors, wiring, etc.  That's simply not a business I am interested in getting into at all.

As far as Paul's very fine discrete regulator design, it is hard for me to picture licensing of it to be economically viable--for Paul, for UpTone, or for the users, since profits need be factored in.  Besides, John Swenson and I are not convinced that absolute lowest noise is required for a high-current PS.  Very low output impedance and lack of kicked-back AC mains harmonics are also important and our simpler choke-filtered designed accomplishes that.