IGNORED

No More Audiophile Hassles

11 hours ago, witchdoctor said:

Look at this video of pink floyd mixing in immersive at abbey road. Notice how abbey road studios looks just like witchdoctor studios (although I use 1 sub, not 8!). You can't do steak without the "voice of god" channel right? 

I'm certain that my very best Pink Floyd experiences were in a college dorm and the speakers were junk, or perhaps in the back seat of a car ... it wasn't the audio that was immersive. Jus sayin'

Custom room treatments for headphone users.

21 hours ago, wgscott said:

After seeing a thread titled No More Computer Hassles (in which a computer was replaced by a physical media player with a computer), it got me wondering how much of a performance hit one might take if one replaced all of the audiophile-oriented features with decent-quality consumer-grade options.

I assume everyone also has a “consumer grade” system ... and if you have two systems and you can’t tell the difference, or don’t appreciate it, then you have your answer.

I don’t think it needs to be complicated. Would an iFi iDSD be considered “consumer grade” or “audiophile” ... the Solid-Run clearfog I use as an NAA is cheap. My FirstWatt J2 that I also use as a headphone amp is just a slight splurge. The AKG K712 or Senn HD650 phones are a steal.

Custom room treatments for headphone users.