IGNORED

RMAF 2017 Reader Reports

1 hour ago, MarkS said:

Are those the YG Carmel 2's?  Always thought they are actually a good speaker compared to some other YG's (though the whole YG line is improving IMHO)..

I heard these connected to a PS Audio full system at the Windsor HIFI show last year. In all honesty I thought they were average at best and not worth anything close to £25,000.

6 hours ago, kennyb123 said:

The $5000 ELAC speakers punched way above their weight.  Apparently the total cost of gear in this room (excluding cables, etc) was around $10,000 and yet the sound was better than in many far more expensive rooms

E84AC597-B85F-46D8-AC96-4C57B6D519A7.jpeg

Those speakers are £5200 in the UK ($6796). Why do we always get taken dry by pricing? Such BS *sad face*

37 minutes ago, gmgraves said:

Don't British prices often include VAT? Isn't that around 20%? Just asking, but if that is the case, then that would explain the delta between the US and British prices in dollars. For years, it was SOP for audio goods to cost in pounds sterling  what they cost in dollars in the USA, and this was when a pound was as much as $2.00 meaning the stuff costed you Brits twice what it costed we Yanks. Luckily, I don't see that kind of delta any more as the pound sterling and the dollar have moved closer together.

Yes, but I didn't know US prices don't.