IGNORED

RMAF 2017 Reader Reports

12 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

Is there any chance of getting a live video feed from the Marriott Aspen Amphitheater between 1:10 PM MST and roughly about the time riot police manage to break through the human barricade and restore order?  

What is happening then?

Pareto Audio AMD 7700 Server --> Berkeley Alpha USB --> Jeff Rowland Aeris --> Jeff Rowland 625 S2 --> Focal Utopia 3 Diablos with 2 x Focal Electra SW 1000 BE subs

i7-6700K/Windows 10  --> EVGA Nu Audio Card --> Focal CMS50's 

1 hour ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

Why We in “The Industry” Are All Arguing Over MQA and So Much More … @ Marriott Aspen Amphitheater, Lobby Level

Oct 8 @ 1:30 pm – 2:30 pm

Speaker: Danny Kaye, Positive Feedback & SonicFlare

Well, MQA bailed on a proposed panel discussion and said it was because there would be no MQA representatives at RMAF.  So it would be really interesting if, in fact, MQA actually has someone attending RMAF or just their usual surrogates.  Isn't it kind of out of character for MQA to skip an audio show of this size?

Pareto Audio AMD 7700 Server --> Berkeley Alpha USB --> Jeff Rowland Aeris --> Jeff Rowland 625 S2 --> Focal Utopia 3 Diablos with 2 x Focal Electra SW 1000 BE subs

How did the Sonore room sound with the Focal Utopia 3 Diablo speakers?  I have those speakers and really love them.  

13 minutes ago, Allan F said:

However, the PS Audio room on the ground floor was using subwoofers with Focal 3 speakers and, IMO, they just muddied the bass. The Focal 3's didn't need the subs and, to my ears, sounded much better in the Tower.

Looks to me that PS Audio was using Focal Sopra #3.  That is a different product line than my Focal Utopia III.  The Utopia III is their high end.  I can't understand why anyone would run subs with Focal Sopra #3.