IGNORED

Denafrips R2R DAC (plays 512 DSD) reviewed as giant killer

i don't totally trust 6moon audio for their reviews as i had some bad experience with some " golden rewards" items .

but that is subjective , what is objective is  3800$  for DSD 256 do'esnt seems an incedible value for me .  IFImicro DSD or chord stuff or even a 2900€ T+A dac8  with DSD512 and analog volume control are better values.

PC audio /Roon + HQPLAYER / HOLO Spring 2 / / DIY AD1 SET tube amp  /  DIY Altec 2 way horn Speaker

• 5 months later...
  • 5 months later...
On 8/28/2018 at 6:58 PM, Miska said:

With the analog FIR type DSD DAC the resistor precision doesn't really matter much. And R2R beyond 20-bits certainly doesn't make any difference. The clocks could make a difference, but paying 1000€ extra to get 25€ clock component instead of let's say 10€ clock component is not something I'm ready to do. And usually clocks are spoiled so much more elsewhere that what I've measured those "femto" clocks don't necessarily make any real difference in actual output.

I wonder what was used to do oversampling in this case and whether it was comparing PCM or DSD side of the DAC.

+1   1000$ for Femto clock ,  Russian MICA bypass capacitor ( instead of polyester) , and .005 vs .01% resistors

the Pointus also use others filter bank capacitors but they are Nichicon FineGold  and they are very also good for this task..

i think at this price the POINTUS is the real deal..

but perhaps they are other hidden differences between the two.

PC audio /Roon + HQPLAYER / HOLO Spring 2 / / DIY AD1 SET tube amp  /  DIY Altec 2 way horn Speaker

• 8 months later...
11 hours ago, Miska said:

Likely only notable one is your local VAT. Customs for electronics is usually only few percents and thus not so much compared to VAT.

Hi Miska , i know you like the T+A Dac8 DSD , if you will get the chance to hear a Denafrips Dac in DSD can you please report the differrences  between them. 🙂

14 hours ago, Milt99 said:

If you haven't already, 6Moons site has reviewed both of those players

i'm usually not a fan of  commercial review and srajan didn't make one for the T+A , Darko neither . 

it will be most intersting to hear a user of HQplayer having play DSD256 or DSD512 on both machine ..