IGNORED

LKS AUDIO MH-DA004 problem

Hello, I just got one of these and I was trying to upgrade the Amanero Comb0384 firmware but it seems I've killed the USB card. The DA004 has the upgraded USB card and has the level 1 mod by Ric Schultz.  It was working fine before I tried to erase it. According to the Amanero instructions about erasing the flash I would short the square pin to the round at position P3 - unplug/replug the USB cable - all this when powered on. Well my card doesn't have P3 - it has J1 and next to it J3 - see attached pic. I assumed J1 on my card would correspond. I have the Win10 drivers installed from LKS. So the DAC isn't recognized by Win10 (drivers uninstalled/installed several times). When I use the Amenaro config tool it shows "Looking for Device" "Please erase the device". I can't get any further than this. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Tony

20170910_100603.jpg

Capture.JPG

Quickest way to resolve it might be to get a new board. Your board looks different to mine. My board has the discrete components, and is what I have always considered to be the upgraded board. I'll see if I can find a pic. Firmware updates are always risky, I would never dare attempt one in case it crashed half way through.

Front End: Neet Airstream

Digital Processing: Chord Hugo M-Scaler

DAC: Chord Dave

Amplification: Cyrus Mono x300 Signatures

Speakers: Kudos Titan T88

Did you listen to the unit prior to the modification? I have seen Ric's mods and am interested in them.

2012 Mac Mini, i5 - 2.5 GHz, 16 GB RAM. SSD,  PM/PV software, Focusrite Clarett 4Pre 4 channel interface. Daysequerra M4.0X Broadcast monitor., My_Ref Evolution rev a , Klipsch La Scala II, Blue Sky Sub 12

Clarett used as ADC for vinyl rips.

Corning Optical Thunderbolt cable used to connect computer to 4Pre. Dac fed by iFi iPower and Noise Trapper isolation transformer. 

Thanks. I figured it out. I didn't realize the top part of the board needed to be connected to the bottom part - its electrically connected via the 4 pins.. I removed it because it was difficult to get to the 3 pins on the bottom board. I was able to upgrade the firmware and am able to play native DSD 512 via an Sotm sms200. I bought the dac used so can't say what difference the mods made sonically. I just got a Singrex SU1 yesterday and am using the hdmi output. I like the dac but also have a Musical Paradise MP-D2 with some nice tubes and Jupiter copper foil caps. Not sure which dac I like better yet LOL