IGNORED

Unshared USB port:

Good Day All!

I have an HP Pavillion dv6000 lap top. Vista is the OS. Can someone help me choose the best USB port for my DAC.

I have looked at the device manager but I don't know come here from sickem!

The are 3 USB ports on this lap top. 1 on the back right by the power plug and 2 on the left side.

The device manager lists 4.

Can someone point me to the best port?

Thanks, Russ

HP laptop;Windows 7; JRiver Media Center 18, WASAPI Event-Style; Transparent USB cable, one meter; Ayre QB-9 asynchronous USB DAC; Sony 6400ES AV Reciever, analog direct; generic copper speaker wires; Bowers & Wilkins 683\'s; all stock power cables; Android Gizmo remote

This is a tough one without more info. Logistically the one lone port seems best due to physical separation from the others but in reality this may not be the case. There are some tools online that will tell you more info about the USB ports. I can't think of any at the moment. Hopefully some others will jump in here with a little help.

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

What added info can I supply to help answer this question? Thanks for lookin though Chris.

HP laptop;Windows 7; JRiver Media Center 18, WASAPI Event-Style; Transparent USB cable, one meter; Ayre QB-9 asynchronous USB DAC; Sony 6400ES AV Reciever, analog direct; generic copper speaker wires; Bowers & Wilkins 683\'s; all stock power cables; Android Gizmo remote