IGNORED

Wireless Dac

Does any one know of a product which can be networked wirelessly so that the digital output of a jukebox program a such as Itunes, Windows Media Player, J River Media Center can be sent wirelessly to it? I have a Logitech (Slimdevices) transporter and I love the DAC but find their jukebox program clunky at best. The only saving grace is that it can actually use imported playlists.

I can connect to it and use it as a dac via spdif with wired connections but not wirelessly. It's really frustrating because the Transporter has wireless capability but to use it you're stuck with their interface.

It just does not seem like it should be a big deal to stream from a computer to a dac wirelessly, in essence its just a connection method.

Anyone have any suggestions?

vlr

WOW

Why hasn't anyone ever thought of that?

An souped up Airport Express!

That means support for everything the iTUnes suppoets, including Amarra, Pure Vinyl and all types of add-ins.

If the audio circuitry is as good as the like of LinnDS, Transporter this thing would sell itself.

The main problem with the LinnDS is the software and the unproven interface.

This Micromega has a proven platform support right out of the box.

Very clever, very unfair advantage.

Macbook Pro/MacMini/dCS Debussy/Cambridge 650BD[br]Vitus Audio SS-010/Living Voice OBX-R2 Speakers/Ultrasone Edition 8 phones[br]Airport Express/Meridian AD88[br]

But not quite orginal - least we forget the mad Zardoz

http://www.db-system.fr/bd_system/Aiport_Express_modifiee_-_WiFi.html

Also from France!

I am very excited about the MicroMega revival - they seem to be doing some interesting things.

Trying to make sense of all the bits...MacMini/Amarra -> WavIO USB to I2S -> DDDAC 1794 NOS DAC -> Active XO ->Bass Amp Avondale NCC200s, Mid/Treble Amp Sugden Masterclass -> My Own Speakers

A computer can be used to accept incoming music streams and relay them to its output ie. your dac. One easy way of doing this with itunes is to use airfoil/airspeakers. You can setup the receiver computer to act like an airport express only with more capabilities. The sending computer needs airfoil to hijack the audio from whatever program. An alternative if you are using macs is the aunetsend and aunetreceive plugins. Dacs with wireless receivers built-in are pretty limited right now.

Dugood DAC3W, you can google or go to the bay for spec., I stream my music from my PC using JRiver Jukebox to my DAC. The DAC comes with a USB transmitter. Works very well. The DAC will accept up to 24/96 (SPDIF), I believe on the USB, it will go up to 16/48.

mP

Boy I wish I had found this dac before I bought my Transporter. It does exactly what I want (and I use J River Media Center). It uses what looks like the same family of chip as the Transporter, the ak4394 vs 4396, very similiar spec's they're both 24/192. I checked out a Hong Kong site for this Dac and found he has a wireless connection via usb to do what I want. I'm going to get an Airport Express first and see how that works for me. If I'm not happy with that I'll try his wireless connection. Thanks for the info.

Vito Rasenas

vlr

I also use a wireless connection at work Dugood WDDC. I bought my DAC from HK, but my WDDC was bought here in the states (Cryo Parts). I believe the guy in HK has his own brand (PopPulse) of wireless connection that will go above 16/48. Email him if you have any question, he is pretty good about responding to emails. The wireless DAC sounds really good. Very well built. I also use it with my laptop > JRiver > HiFace USB/SPDIF>McIntosh.

mP

• 2 weeks later...