IGNORED

New John Kenny Power Supply....

1 hour ago, jabbr said:

I'm not really that interested. It is well known that SMPS like the meanwell can induce leakage circuits in equipment plugged into the same AC circuit. I fully trust that @JohnSwenson designed a perfectly excellent floating supercap supply. I have many many times recommended that the analogue audio circuitry be isolated (I personally use both Topaz low leakage cap as well as the Equitech Q behind my best stuff). I also use Plitron transformers in the linear PSU's I've built. I go encourage folks to go out and get some NiCad batteries and use them when convenient.

I think the Meanwell issue is not that interesting actually and am wondering why this issue is still being discussed???

Agreed - very off topic already.. I have 2 LPS-1's and power both with separate 5A TeraDak 9V LPS.. easy.. no cheap switching PS in my stereo room..

My GUESS is that the JK battery PS unregulated version is using some type of "trickle-charging" method to hold the output voltage stable while the batteries discharge... not sure.. but he has offered this type of idea previously to improve the original Regen and was very well received from the folks I read who tried it.  Would multiple battery cells need to use some type of balanced charging system?

Another comment - I have had other (kind of DIY style) battery supplies that sounded great (perhaps preferred in my system to the LPS-1), but they proved unstable and twice I had problems with cells overheating (once when I inserted a cell reversed polarity).. so to me a safe, plug and play, usable battery PS that could be preferable sound-wise in some systems to a regulated supercaps PS would have some value.