IGNORED

Kii Three - my impressions and pro reviews

I use the Ultrarendu/iso regen with the kii but if I pick out the iso regen it is less engaging. Also the Lush 2 is something I found hard to do without.

Kii audio uses often the innuos streamers. I would like to hear them on the kii.

Which steamers do you use on the kii?

Kii Three / Kii Control / Lush 3 Uptone Iso Regen-Farad super 3 / OpticalRendu Farad super 3 / Etherregen / Roon Rock-Farad super 3

I read some contradictions about the digital source. Some with $500 and $10000.

John Darko review of the innuos was clear about the differencies 

I was at a demo from dutch and dutch they used a lumin mini streamer it sounded spectaculair but not very enjoyable. A very sharp sound and a not very natural mid.

They kii sound very nice with a nice digital source but I believe you can also hurt them or your ears with a bad streamer, but that is of coarse my perception. 

Kii Three / Kii Control / Lush 3 Uptone Iso Regen-Farad super 3 / OpticalRendu Farad super 3 / Etherregen / Roon Rock-Farad super 3

7 hours ago, Bernstein said:

What I was trying to say is, that the design very well done with efficiency in mind (using RPI as endpoint feeding I2C) and that the measurements show very good results (there are some reviews which you can find on google). Soundwise it is compared to endpoints in 1000-2000€ range and adding a very good power supply will enhance it further. 

I had a visite from another Kii owner he used the bluesound node 2. When he heard my setup with the Ultrarendu he was stunned,  the difference was so big.  He was so happy with sound of the Kii and hearing that this was also possible on his setup.

And now a want to make some changes. Playing your files local would make life a bit easier. And it may sound better, just a matter of trying.

• 1 month later...

I think it is room acoustics. At my setup voices are a bit high...If the listening position is closer to the speaker you will higher the image.

• 5 months later...
4 hours ago, fpalm69 said:

I use the Roon Nucleus via USB to the Kii Control, no other streamers or extra devices (I've tried several). 

What type of USB cable do you use?

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...

I have discussed this with Bruno, he estimates that with a nuc or standard source you get 90% out of the Kii. I think that percentage is lower. I've used several sources here and they all sound different. I'm using an OpticalRendu now.

9 minutes ago, 6o4o said:

I wonder if most of this stuff are just good marketing guys trying to sell that stuff?

Grimm mu-1,Taiko, Pink Faun all very serious about audio. They don't build a streamer if a simple nuc performs the same. It's about timing, noise and not about data lost. I had an owner of a Kii system at my house and he was totally blown away by the difference. He played with a bluesound but it was gone the next day. He bought an auralic streamer.

It also goes into digital audio; the weakest link determines the sound. If I replace the Lush usb for a standard usb cable, the magic is gone.

• 1 year later...