IGNORED

To dCS or to Sonore...To Bridge or to Rendu?

On 2/13/2018 at 8:02 AM, Cyrus said:

@Cooler@Raimund Heubel @firedog

I really wanted to give the dCS NB a go, but received a Signature Rendu SE by mistake (long story). It was (is) impressive in what it did for my system. The Signature Rendu SE replaced 2 power supplies and the ultraRendu and isoRegen as well as the cabling associated with them.

Great info as I am in a similar situation. To be clear, in your original post you were using the microrendu but moved to the ultrarendu correct? And the urendu + LPS1 + HDplex PSU were bested by the Sig Rendu SE correct?

4x20A circuits | Shunyata Triton + Typhon | Source 1: HDPlex HD100 PSU -> OCX clock + EtherRegen -> Paul Hynes SR4T + HDPlex HD500 PSUs -> Music PC w/JCAT XE nic, HQPlayer, Roon, Tidal / Qobuz |  TotalDAC D1 Twelve DAC + Mk II Streamer | Source 2: Acoustic Signature Ascona with Kuzma 4 Point tonearm | Koetsu Rosewood Signature cart | Pass XP-15 phono pre | Audionet Pre G2 preamp | Audionet Max mono blocks | Vivid Audio Giya Spirits |  4 JL Audio Fathom subs | Echole ICs /SCs / Siltech King jumpers, Shunyata/Audioquest PCs / Eth. Cs | Critical Mass CS2s -> components, Isoacoustics -> speakers + subs | Adona Eris II rack w/ Herbie's titanium footers | Fully treated and dedicated 2 channel room

Thanks very much. I'm debating to move to the Signature Rendu SE or move to the DCS NB. I haven't seen any comparisons but my gut says the DCS is better but also more $.

4x20A circuits | Shunyata Triton + Typhon | Source 1: HDPlex HD100 PSU -> OCX clock + EtherRegen -> Paul Hynes SR4T + HDPlex HD500 PSUs -> Music PC w/JCAT XE nic, HQPlayer, Roon, Tidal / Qobuz |  TotalDAC D1 Twelve DAC + Mk II Streamer | Source 2: Acoustic Signature Ascona with Kuzma 4 Point tonearm | Koetsu Rosewood Signature cart | Pass XP-15 phono pre | Audionet Pre G2 preamp | Audionet Max mono blocks | Vivid Audio Giya Spirits |  4 JL Audio Fathom subs | Echole ICs /SCs / Siltech King jumpers, Shunyata/Audioquest PCs / Eth. Cs | Critical Mass CS2s -> components, Isoacoustics -> speakers + subs | Adona Eris II rack w/ Herbie's titanium footers | Fully treated and dedicated 2 channel room

I would argue more don't have dual AES inputs than do. I'm not arguing that dual AES is better or not but other than TotalDAC, Esoteric (which I believe is proprietary anyway), other? How may other major companies implement dual AES?

25 minutes ago, Cooler said:

You can use just one. :)

Sorry, but you're missing my point - you stated, " dCS has doubled AES output, which is very common standard for almost every DAC. " which is a false statement.

2nd statement you made above, "You can use just one". Yes, but that's a separate (albeit related) topic. 2 AES has the benefit of higher bandwidth / dual signal paths. For example, the DCS NB with 1 AES =  PCM at up to 24 bit 192kS/s or DSD/64, dual AES = PCM at up to 384kS/s, DSD/64 & DSD/128.