IGNORED

Getting rid of CD's?

6 minutes ago, DancingSea said:

It would be hilarious to watch a group of 20 CA members cross the road.  Some would just walk across, jaywalking or not.  Apparently, a very large number would remain on the street corner debating the pros and cons, and under what conditions, its ok to cross the road.  We'd have laws printed out, plenty of diagrams and arguments.  They light would change multiple times as things were discussed, day turns to night - and in the spirit of debating the merits of jaywalking, we'd all get a ticket for loitering.

It's not the same at all. Jaywalking is a victim-less offense whereas selling off CDs and retaining the files is stealing from the artist and label.

Forrest:

Win10 i9 9900KS/GTX1060 HQPlayer4>Win10 NAA

DSD>Pavel's DSC2.6>Bent Audio TAP>

Parasound JC1>"Naked" Quad ESL63/Tannoy PS350B subs<100Hz

21 minutes ago, DancingSea said:

I fully respect your fundamentalist, broad stroke opinion.  But respectfully disagree that all scenarios fall under that narrow umbrella.

And jaywalking is hardly a victimless crime.  They have those laws because the act kills people.  Jaywalking is potentially far more serious than selling used CD's at a garage sale.

There it is, another chicken just crossed the road...

Your logic is screwy IMO, although I agree on the severity assessment. If a jaywalker is run over, it is their own fault for stepping into traffic, whereas selling your CDs is stealing- plain and simple. I am not saying that I wouldn't do either, but the distinction seems clear to me.

Forrest:

Win10 i9 9900KS/GTX1060 HQPlayer4>Win10 NAA

DSD>Pavel's DSC2.6>Bent Audio TAP>

Parasound JC1>"Naked" Quad ESL63/Tannoy PS350B subs<100Hz