IGNORED

USPCB A>B Adapters can now be ordered at UpToneAudio.com!

On 6/27/2021 at 8:14 AM, GMG said:

I recently started playing with upsampling and I'm experiencing some issues with USB audio at 768kbps and was suggested that it might be a bandwidth issue with the USB connection from my network player to the DAC. No problem with 705, and sometimes 768 will work for almost 30min before issues start.

Unless your USB cable is very poorly made I would not think that it would be the culprit with your issue.

Sure the measurable signal integrity (as seen on a eye-pattern) through our USPCB Adapter is better than what you get with most USB cables, but still I doubt it will solve your issue.

On 6/27/2021 at 8:14 AM, GMG said:

My second suspect is that my Etheregen (which is feeding the the USB network player) is getting too hot with 768,

I got a thermo gun today and will test the temp.

Operation temperature of the EtherREGEN will not be any greater when transferring high sample rate material. Don't have time to write the full explanation, but Ethernet packet rates (100Mb/sec or Gigabit) are not affected by audio sample rate.

The number of highly active Gigabit connections to the EtherREGEN's 'A' side is the only operating variable that affects heat of unit.

• 5 months later...