IGNORED

JCAT - TCXO 10/100/1000 Audio Grade Ethernet Switch vs AQVOX - AQ-SWITCH

15 hours ago, plissken said:

I'm wanting some insight into your thought process for how tighter tolerance 25Mhz clock that PHY's used to sync up each other so they can transmit makes through the input and output buffers on the Intel PHY, then the buffer on the PCIe bus, then the DMA set aside on the RAM bus, then the buffer set aside by the CPU then the buffer set aside by the playback application, then the buffer set aside by the USB PHY, then the buffer on the DAC where the data finally has an audio clock placed on it.

So my question is:

Buffers can be RAM or Disk. Volatile vs Non-volatile. So are you maintaining that your tighter tolerance clock some how makes MD5 hash identical data that has been copied 5 or 6 times, crossing several clock domain boundaries via FIFO buffering, sound different? 

Do you have an instrumented measurements that you have done along the way while you were developing modifications for the Intel 520 card?

Would you sit for a blind session where I supplied a stock i520 and placed both into a network team using Intel's utility allowing for your modified card and a stock card to have the cables swapped out at will with no interruption in playback? We would run your modifed i520 on your modified D-Link. I'll bring a Cisco Switch. 

What airport is closest to you assuming you are in the U.S. (Sorry don't know where you hail from). 

It's intel350. And we're not modifying - it's a proprietary low-noise design. 

Years of listening experience and intuition is where I find ideas for improvements. 

I'm in Wroclaw, Poland. I'm happy to participate in a blind A/B session to prove what I already know. 

Best regards, 

Marcin

JPLAY & JCAT Founder

• 4 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, Summit said:

Marcin, I got my LAN card yesterday and initial impression with just a few hour of playing is better sound than with the mobo LAN card. I will listen and let it burn in for a week and see how big the change is before giving a bit more detailed impressions.  

Good to hear! Please post feedback in this thread once the burn-in is completed: 

All JCAT NET Card owners will receive a free guide how to optimize the card for best sound. 

BR, 
Marcin

JPLAY & JCAT Founder

On 8/26/2017 at 11:09 AM, Summit said:

To set up a Network Bridge on Windows 10 is very easy with this card. 

1.    Connect one Lan cable to your Roon output (microRendu for example) and another LAN cable to your Router/modem 
2.    Power on the JCAT card from external PSU or computer PSU via LP4 connector
3.    Download and install the Windows 10 driver from here: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product/59062/Intel-Ethernet-Server-Adapter-I350-T2.
4.    Open network connection and select both networks with the name Intel i350. Right click then both are selected and choose bridge connection
5.    One new green network called network bridge will show up and that all. I didn’t need to fill in IP address or anything like I did with my old card
6.    I don’t know if it’s really necessary to go and update on http://www.sonicorbiter.com/, but I did 

Thanks for the quick guide. I'm sure it will be helpful for others who are planning to connect the card directly to a network renderer 

Best regards,

Marcin

JPLAY & JCAT Founder

• 4 weeks later...