IGNORED

Article: Introducing The Sonore Signature Rendu SE

Wow, really interesting. So this is supposed to be even superior to an ultraRendu + Sonore Signature Supply?

I wondering how much over $2000 this is going to cost? 

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protectors +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Protection>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three BXT (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three BXT

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

Still waiting to see the price to see if it is something I'll consider. 

Would love to see someone do a head to head comparison of the SigRendu vs the dCS bridge (and yes, I know they aren't exact functional equivalents). 

Main setup: Surge protectors +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Protection>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three BXT (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three BXT

Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

1 minute ago, barrows said:

As the dCS is SPDIF out, I am not sure how any valid comparison can be done, there are too many variables.  Only a comparison done with the same DAC you use will be valid at all (because some DACs will sound better with one input over the other), and still, quality of the SPDIF cable and USB cable will make for additional variables as well..

It is interesting to note that in his test of the dCS, Michael Lavorgna at Audiostream just barely preferred the dCS over the v 1.3 microRendu with the LPS-1, this was not even a v1.4 micro, and all reports I have heard of the LPS-1 vs. the Sonore Signature Supply have preferred the Sonore.  Michael was also using the TotalDAC, whose builder claims performs better with SPDIF.

On price, the Signature Rendu SE will be more affordable than the dCS.

Possibly when dCS adds USB out capability to the Bridge, it will be possible to compare them more directly, at least with some DACs. 

8 hours ago, barrows said:

As the dCS is SPDIF out, I am not sure how any valid comparison can be done, there are too many variables.  Only a comparison done with the same DAC you use will be valid at all (because some DACs will sound better with one input over the other), and still, quality of the SPDIF cable and USB cable will make for additional variables as well..

It is interesting to note that in his test of the dCS, Michael Lavorgna at Audiostream just barely preferred the dCS over the v 1.3 microRendu with the LPS-1, this was not even a v1.4 micro, and all reports I have heard of the LPS-1 vs. the Sonore Signature Supply have preferred the Sonore.  Michael was also using the TotalDAC, whose builder claims performs better with SPDIF.

On price, the Signature Rendu SE will be more affordable than the dCS.

The way I read the article he preferred the dCS bridge by quite a lot. He was very enthusiastic and favorably compared the Bridge to the 16k SG server-said it was just as good. Look at his review of the SG server and you will see what I mean.

In any case, I'd like to see a few different comparisons of the Sig Rendu SE vs the dCS bridge. I think it would tell us something.

27 minutes ago, agentsmith said:

Comparatively, the captioned product went from best, to best'er to even best'er in a matter of months.  It does not give me assurance that they will offer something that will be "day and night" better 2 months from now.

I understand your point, but it isn't quite accurate.

Sonore didn't introduce 3 updates to the same product. They've built a product line of 4 players, from $299-$2900 that are essentially identical functionally, and let the user how high up the ladder of audiophilia he wishes to go. Did you notice that you can buy the Sig and a couple of the other Sonore devices for the price of the dCs Bridge?

Note also that since the signature came out immediately after the ultra, they've offered a 100% trade in for any ultra buyer that wants to upgrade to the Sig.

4 hours ago, cjf said:

Being an IT guy by trade I cant get past the absurdity of an Audiophile Ethernet Cable. I guess this is similar to the many EE's on the web feeling the same way about the slu of other Audiophile cables on offer.

Anyway, I wont disagree that there are differences to be heard by swapping ETH cables as long as the swapper does realize that what they are hearing is NOT what the original Artist intended and may not even pass a CRC Checksum test between point A & B compared to an ETH cable designed to spec found in any store selling such a product.

But with that said, as long as you like what you here, that's all that matters :D

From what I've seen, most ethernet cables sold in retail stores (hanging from a rack in hardshell plastic packaging) for a few bucks, don't actually pass spec when tested. They obviously "work", but don't actually meet spec. 

So that would be one reason to buy even ethernet cables from a company like bluejeanscable, who custom make each order and test each cable, and send you the results. More expensive than your commonly found cable, but still modestly priced and clearly better made than most "off the rack" cables. 

8 hours ago, rjc1845 said:

I must express my disappointment after investing about 2200. only 10 months ago fore the loaded Signature LPS and mR only to see one product discontinued and the other replaced. Good to hear that Sonore may be offering those like myself an upgrade path from the Signature LPS to the new all in one solution. Good marketing and will aid in customer retention.

The mR wasn't replaced; still being sold.

Sonore has a series of units in price from $299 to $2999 that use the SO  operating system and functionally do the same thing. Each buyer can choose how far up the audiophile ladder to go. 

I don't see how this is any different than what speaker manufacturers do as a matter of course: come out with a standmount speaker, and then a succession of larger floorstanders in the same "line". 

No one objects to that or thinks their speaker has been "replaced"  when a larger, more expensive, more capable model is released. Why do people get bent out of shape when Sonore does the same thing with the Rendu series?