IGNORED

Pure Vinyl 3 Gapless Issue Solved

Lars

I previously reported that I was having trouble playing gapless high rez files with Pure Vinyl Preview 3 (4n4). Rob figured out what the problem was.

My computer has 8 GB of RAM. It was loading 5GB into memory play for my high rez titles. I dialed back on the memory wheel setting, and now everything works fine. Rob seems to feel that if I keep it under 4GB, all will be well. The next update will include a limiter to keep the memory from going too high.

This is excellent customer service folks.

Steve

Wavelength Silver Crimson/Denominator USB DAC, Levinson 32/33H, Synergistic Research Cables and AC cables, Shunyata Hydra V-Ray II with King Cobra CX cable, Wilson Sasha WP speakers with Wilson Watch Dog Sub. Basis Debut V Vacuum turntable/ Grahm Phantom/Koetsu Jade Platinum. MacBook Pro 17\" 2.3GHz Quad Core i7, 8GB RAM, Pure Music, Decibel, Fidelia, AudioQuest Diamond USB Cable.

"Do you know if PV groups everything into memory as one large file and hits some sort of 4GB file size limitation?"

It doesn't seem to place a limit on memory use right now. You can manually set a limit with the memory wheel. The new release will limit the memory addressing issue. I don't know how it loads the memory exactly, but I will ask Rob.

Steve

Wavelength Silver Crimson/Denominator USB DAC, Levinson 32/33H, Synergistic Research Cables and AC cables, Shunyata Hydra V-Ray II with King Cobra CX cable, Wilson Sasha WP speakers with Wilson Watch Dog Sub. Basis Debut V Vacuum turntable/ Grahm Phantom/Koetsu Jade Platinum. MacBook Pro 17\" 2.3GHz Quad Core i7, 8GB RAM, Pure Music, Decibel, Fidelia, AudioQuest Diamond USB Cable.