IGNORED

Album Artwork

Still a thorny issue, with Apple seeming to do their best to make life hard for all us iTuners. But a question:-

Is it possible by AppleScript or any other means, does anyone know, to add album artwork into iTunes as if it had been downloaded. I.e. so iTunes adds the artwork into its Album Artwork system rather than embedding it?

This used to be possible with a neat app and use of a web proxy, but Apple obviously got wind of this and promptly closed the 'loophole' by encrypting the communication session when retrieving artwork from the iTunes Music Store. Why do that? Just bloodymindedness if you ask me. Anyway...

I can see the 'downloaded' property in iTunes' dictionary, but it's 'read only' and in any case, would undoubtedly need more than that. Does anyone know, is it possible, by hook or by crook, to tell iTunes to accept an image for an album and add it into the Album Artwork folder structure?

On the subject of artwork, I notice that several of Doug's scripts will copy artwork into the track file's containing folder (probably the album folder). I have found in the past that this later causes an issue if iTunes wants to move all the tracks to a different folder, after which it wants to delete the old album folder, but it's not empty as the artwork is still there, so it gets left. Of course no problem if nothing ever changes, or it simply renames the album folder, but I kept finding these orphan album folders with artwork in, so I stopped doing that.

Is there an obvious solution to this that I've not come across? I've not tried it in a while, do later versions of iTunes handle this better?