IGNORED

Why Do People Come To Computer Audiophile To Display Their Contempt For Audiophiles?

8 minutes ago, mmerrill99 said:

Even if doing blinded listening tests, two devices which measure the same, will bias one towards not hearing any difference between these devices. 

Why do you think they use a hidden reference in ABCHR testing?

To eliminate those who are unable to differentiate the hidden reference for any number of reasons - one of which is that they are psychologically disposed  to not hearing any difference between A & B (they have been primed by beliefs or measurements that A is exactly the same as B)

Please educate yourself in blind testing before making yourself look foolish

Perfect :D

6 hours ago, esldude said:

Actually it was the girls that were appreciative.  The sound was so bad they were complaining of headaches.  Someone knowing me told the owner, "I bet that guy could fix it up for you".  So I did. 

The girls loved the new sound.  No headaches and the patrons liked it better and spent more money.

I had free drinks and the girls gave free dances anytime I was there.  Enough to get a guy in trouble if he isn't careful there.  :o

See, sometimes it pays to have demonstrable real vs imaginary abilities :D

1 minute ago, mmerrill99 said:

Try googling "false negatives" & educate yourself or do not exist?

On 7/6/2017 at 4:08 AM, esldude said:

You might find understanding my approach easier if you remember, it is my opinion, other than gear designed to have a particular sound, everything between the transducers is not detectable with a slight exception for matching amps to speakers. And exceptions for low quality gear which has sub-standard measured performance.

22 hours ago, mmerrill99 said:

Sure, I know your approach & many others is that all gear, except transducers, sounds the same but this isn't borne our in reality so I don't subscribe to your approach.

If you can't judge the sound without measurements then it's a sad state of affairs

Reading comprehension failure or intellectual dishonesty.

Speaking of sad state of affairs.

51 minutes ago, mmerrill99 said:

If you measure two devices & you are convinced they show no audible difference between them, any blind test you do on

More rubbish. A rational person who believes there is no audible difference is not doing the blind listening tests.

The only ones who are burdened with blind tests are believers who believe they "hear" differences when they stare either device, perhaps while exposing themselves and whatnot.

4 minutes ago, christopher3393 said:

This is what analogies do, logically, right?

No, it's for when you have baseless specious arguments and need diversions. Or maybe a joke. ;)

Analogies often involve a bit of imagination.

That and staring at components for weeks because you can't trust your ears to hear any real differences

14 minutes ago, mmerrill99 said:
  On 7/6/2017 at 4:08 AM, esldude said:

You might find understanding my approach easier if you remember, it is my opinion, other than gear designed to have a particular sound, everything between the transducers is not detectable with a slight exception for matching amps to speakers. And exceptions for low quality gear which has sub-standard measured performance.

On 7/6/2017 at 10:06 AM, mmerrill99 said:
  22 hours ago, mmerrill99 said:

Sure, I know your approach & many others is that all gear, except transducers, sounds the same but this isn't borne our in reality so I don't subscribe to your approach.

If you can't judge the sound without measurements then it's a sad state of affairs

You see the problem? 

Sure do

2 minutes ago, mmerrill99 said:

Well yes but I'm also saying that measurements prior to listening can bias listening 

Sure. John Atkinson always measures last just in case.

What does that have to with being totally one dimensional by being incapable of measuring and subsequently having zero trust in ears and avoiding trust ears tests at all cost? 

7 minutes ago, mmerrill99 said:
15 hours ago, Ralf11 said:
19 hours ago, mmerrill99 said:

Even if doing blinded listening tests, two devices which measure the same, will bias one towards not hearing any difference between these devices. 

And you yourself claimed it as absolute rubbish just above

Yep, but not a "claim". It is rubbish.

Maybe not quite as funny as the nocebo ABCHR flailing, but still pretty good :)