IGNORED

Why Do People Come To Computer Audiophile To Display Their Contempt For Audiophiles?

10 hours ago, sdolezalek said:

After all, we can all choose not to respond to any inflammatory posts and the thread will quickly die its own boring death.  But that isn't what we do.  We engage and the more we engage, the more we encourage those who would bait, trade, ridicule or belittle us.  It's a human tendency we can't seem to resist.  Not one I like, but I I'm trying to learn how to live with.  

So true.   I remember as a kid,  our parents told us after we got in trouble, 'Not One More Word' but you just had to open that mouth. :)   Some people on forums just have to have 'The Last Word' and the thread continues with its endless babble and personal attacks ending up being a lose lose for all involved and it even results in some good people leaving CA for good.   Damn shame when people can't act like adults. .

The Truth Is Out There

6 minutes ago, firedog said:

No, Jud, you have it wrong. The point of the hobby is to listen the way a chosen few listen. Only they actually know how audio works and how to choose what sounds good.

So if people do not listen to music the way a "chosen few listen " do, so its your opinion that those people are just wasting their time listening to music or in some psycho fashion are not really enjoying their music they actually hear ?  

The Truth Is Out There

24 minutes ago, firedog said:

Ever heard of sarcasm? Do we really have to put emoji's with every sentence we write? Or are you just being doubly ironic and sarcastic?

This thread has lost it anyway and should be closed.

Got ya, I didn't see a smiley face etc.. so I didn't know.  Yep we need emoji's

The Truth Is Out There

1 hour ago, Jud said:

Hi Teresa -

This is not actually the case.  Pattern matching can be inborn, as various experiments regarding the way we hear have shown.  If it is not an inborn pattern, then laying down that auditory pattern to the point where your brain automatically matches it isn’t a quick process.  Experiments have been done showing a week of training just in perceiving a single type of sound is inadequate.

So whatever is occurring in several minutes of A/B doesn’t have to do with your brain learning to do pattern matching in that amount of time.

Maybe its not pattern matching but pattern perception.

The Truth Is Out There

1 hour ago, lucretius said:

Please explain the difference.

Actually the word I should have used is pattern recognition.

Pattern matching dictates that what we are looking for is either here or not and might not be accurate.. Like a baby wanting to suck on a nipple and instead is given a pacifier. Its matches but its not the same thing as a mothers nipple/.,

Pattern recognition relates to what has been experienced before and its embedded in our memory or a computers memory and its going to be exact.. example, military target recognition, finger prints, Retina security scanning.

The Truth Is Out There

57 minutes ago, Jud said:

Have differences in measurements of the Pass amps you’ve owned been indicative of sonic differences among them?  (Not a challenge, I’m curious.)

I own two Pass amps and I'm not sure about measurements but they sound pretty darn good. If people like to listen to measurements instead of music that's fine with me. 

The Truth Is Out There