IGNORED

Allo Sparky USBridge

2 minutes ago, jtwrace said:

If someone is on a budget the USBridge is an absolute no brainer.

How does the sound quality compare to sMS-200 or microRendu?  How much Linux knowledge do you need to get it working?

Pareto Audio AMD 7700 Server --> Berkeley Alpha USB --> Jeff Rowland Aeris --> Jeff Rowland 625 S2 --> Focal Utopia 3 Diablos with 2 x Focal Electra SW 1000 BE subs

i7-6700K/Windows 10  --> EVGA Nu Audio Card --> Focal CMS50's 

3 minutes ago, jtwrace said:

I can't say that I feel as though I'm missing anything with the USBridge though but haven't gone back to the sMS either.

Thanks.  I'll continue to monitor this thread for feedback from others.  This is really interesting and I have to learn more about it.

Pareto Audio AMD 7700 Server --> Berkeley Alpha USB --> Jeff Rowland Aeris --> Jeff Rowland 625 S2 --> Focal Utopia 3 Diablos with 2 x Focal Electra SW 1000 BE subs

3 minutes ago, 1markr said:

I don't seem to be able to make it connect to my ExaSound E32 DAC

Exasound has proprietary Linux drivers that are only available on the PlayPoint.  

10 minutes ago, 1markr said:

Oh no, so that means I can't use the Sparky/USBridge with my ExaSound??!!

Have a look at the linked post.  This is Jesus from Sonore talking about why ExaSound DACs are not supported by SonicOrbiter on the microRendu.

Certainly double check this with Exasound before you sell your wonderful E32, but I believe Exasound DACs need a PlayPoint for network streaming.  Exasound has their own ecosystem.

https://www.computeraudiophile.com/forums/topic/26730-sonore-microrendu/?do=findComment&comment=504453

• 2 weeks later...
40 minutes ago, 1markr said:

You see the support they are providing here, and with my issue resolved, I can't recommend them highly enough, and they are the real deal!

Wait, are you saying that Allo got your Sparky/USBridge to work with your exaSound DAC?

1 minute ago, 1markr said:

@rickca - I should have been more clear... No it doesn't work with the ExaSound; I was able to return it back to Allo.

Ohhh!  OK well that's the second time I've misunderstood you!  Remember the first time I thought you wanted to sell your DAC!

28 minutes ago, allo.com said:

Working hard on it...things are advancing nicely . We should have proto in about 4 weeks for internal testing.

I've never seen such good communication and customer support.  I'm really impressed.

Can I replace my microRendu with an Allo Sparky USBridge and run pretty much the same way I do today with  BubbleUPnP/MinimServer/MPD and HQPlayer/NAA?  Is the sound quality comparable?  Are the same DAC's supported for native DSD512?

2 minutes ago, pgbcincy said:

MPD, NAA, RAAT/Roon Bridge, and other software can be added and loaded.  In this regard, yes it is a similar device as the mRendu.  I believe you need to select the Dietpi OS version for Roon and NAA.

Thanks, @pgbcincy.   I guess maybe it needs to mature a little to become more bullet proof, but it sure sounds very promising.  

• 1 month later...
9 hours ago, allo.com said:

We are still at design stages. It will be a full solution in a box , with USB in/out to DAC . Galvanic isolation on USB AND galvanic isolated power in the same box.   

It seems kind of confusing to call this a new USBridge if it's USB in/out rather than ethernet input.

• 3 months later...
1 hour ago, ALLOaudio said:

we recommend to use the eMMC because its much less likely to get corrupted than SD

@JohnSwenson didn't you say exactly the opposite when I asked why the microRendu was designed to use an SD card?  Maybe I misinterpreted your comment?