IGNORED

ISO REGEN Listening Impressions (kicked off with some measurements)

1 hour ago, austinpop said:

In my experience - and this is purely empirical:

1. you want the component with the "best" clock closest to the DAC. Which has the better clock - the iFi or the ISO-R? I'm not going to presume to know.
  2. you want the isolating supply (LPS-1) after the galvanic isolation

However, realize that these are only starting points. Don't assume anything. Experiment both ways and decide with your ears. Then report back, because it helps build the collective wisdom.

It appears the ISO Regen uses this oscillator (Crystek CCHD-575) : http://www.crystek.com/crystal/spec-sheets/clock/CCHD-575.pdf

From the spec sheet : 

Frequency Range:12 MHz to 125 MHz*

Phase Jitter: (12kHz~80MHz) 82 fSec RMS Typical @ 100 MHz

Software: Realtime Debian 11-64, JRMC28-64, Custom VST3-64, CamillaDSP-64 (2x8 channel 64-bit FIR multi-pass convolution), RePhase, REW, Custom Driver Level DRC-FIR upgrades, JRMC CloudPlay, Pandora, Spotify, dBPowerAmp Reference,

2 Channel: A-Tech Fabrication i7-3770K/NVMe/Passive Cooling-No Moving Parts->OKTO DAC8 PRO->QuadAmping - MagTech/Mark Levinson #336/IcePower ASP1000->Magnepan 20.1's, NEO8's & OB/Dipole Subs

Home Theater: Anthem Statement D2V->W4S 7x1000->Magnepan 3.6's/CC3/MC2's+Martin Logan Descent I Subs

Office: Core-i7 3770S/SSD->Xonar Essence STX->W4S µDAC->W4S STI-1000->Magnepan Mini-Maggies

Garage: Dell Laptop->W4S uDAC->AdCom Amp->B&W Rock Solid