IGNORED

ISO REGEN Listening Impressions (kicked off with some measurements)

Got my ISO-Regen today. Initial impressions are very good. More weight to the bass and instruments sound more realistic.....as do the vocals.

Have you guys noticed a burn in period that the ISO-REGEN improved after a certain amount of time?

I won't be able to do a proper evaluation until the weekend but in the meantime I'll leave the full loom of Curious Regen-Links in place until I can order a second USPCB connector.

While I'm typing this.....it's kinda freaking me out how realistic Donald Fagen's voice sounds (The Nightfly).

Thanks Alex!

I've gotten to spend a lot more time with the ISO-REGEN this weekend since receiving it on Monday. I've got a little over 40 hours run through it at this point.

Windows 10 laptop >  Curious Cables Regen Link > ISO-REGEN/LPS-1 > Curious Cables Regen Link > IFI Microlink USB-SPDIF.

I simply swapped the original Amber Regen with the ISO-REGEN.

The bass is tighter. Everything has more focus and is cleaner. Next weekend I'll take out the ISO-REGEN and reinstall the Amber Regen and see what's up.

The other thing I did was replace one of the Curious Cables Regen Link's with the new supplied USPCB hard adaptor. This degraded the sound compared to the smooth sounding Regen-Link. However, I only had the USPCB in there for a few songs. Maybe it just needs some time to burn in?

Not sure why but the ISO-REGEN made a significantly better impact with my solid state gear than with my tubes. Either way I'm digging the ISO-REGEN.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...