IGNORED

ISO REGEN Listening Impressions (kicked off with some measurements)

Out of curiosity, has anyone ordered the ISO Regan without the expensive LPS-1 add on?  If yes, what are your impressions of sonic improvements?

I'm debating between getting an iPurifier 2 (arrives today) and a used W4S RUR vs the ISO Regan without the LPS-1 - which is more money than I care to spend at this time.

Thanks.

1 minute ago, Daudio said:

That is not a fair comparison since neither the IPurifier, nor the RUR have Galvanic Isolation, and that that difference can be heard.

I think you can easily answer that question, by going back through this thread, I'm sure I've seen people report on that config.

Well, its the comparison I have going on in my world at this point.  The iPurifier 2 + W4S RUR vs the ISO Regan sans the LPS-1.  Fair or not, that's where I am.  Was also fishing for feedback from people who have moved to the ISO Regan from the W4S RUR world... 

2 minutes ago, lmitche said:

Of the devices you listed, the ISO Regen is the only one with galvanic isolation, and that is a great aid in improving sound quality.  The Regen ships with a low cost power supply which can be used with the LPS-1 at a later time if you want to take the next step.  There is no doubt in my mind that the ISO Regen is the best solution on your list.

Great, thanks for the help.  I'm new to the USB device world.  I was wondering that if the ISO Regan only sounds good with the LPS-1 - and given $655 is way over budget -  That maybe a $200 solution of the iPurifier 2 + RUR (used) would get me a lot of the way there for much less.  Just a hypothesis, hence the question.

On June 19, 2017 at 11:45 AM, Superdad said:

Alright fanboys, please don't jump or dump on @DancingSea.  o.O  

His questions are reasonable, and I think the main thing he was looking for was to be sure that the LPS-1 is not a requirement to enjoy the benefits of the ISO REGEN.

And remember, we do have a 30-day, money-back, satisfaction guarantee.  With no restocking fee.

Thanks,

ALEX

Ah yes, Superdad to the rescue!

One last question before I order - something you're soon to be new "policies" webpage will surely explain - if I place an order now for the mid July delivery period, will my card be charged now by Paypal, or will it be charged when it ships in July?

Also, in your spare time, would be nice to have other payment options besides Paypal.  I've never been a fan of Paypal as they're prone to monkey with bank accounts.  Amazon Pay would be a great option as it ties directly into our Amazon accounts.  PS Audio has that as a payment option, works great.  Can't imagine Amazon fees being worse than Paypal.

For instance, I'd rather just use my debit card to pay Uptone.  But because Paypal has such a bad rep in my world, I'd never use a debit card with them.  But with Amazon, after nearly 20 years of using my debit card with no issues, wouldn't think twice about using Amazon pay with you.

11 minutes ago, Superdad said:

Hi:
We do charge the order (collect the money) at the time of order.
A couple of years ago we tried the method where our system just authorizes at the time of order and makes the full charge at ship time.  It was a logistical nightmare!  It drove me nuts for nights on end, and the customers did not like the hassle either. You are of course welcome to cancel your order for refund anytime prior to shipment.

Besides PayPal, our site does accept all major credit cards.  And most bank debit cards--at least here in the USA--also function as VISA cards.
As for Amazon Pay, I'll have to look into that.  My web site is on the Shopify e-commerce platform and I am not sure if they support Amazon Pay. 

Regards,
--Alex C.

P.S. Tomorrow (June 21st) we will be done shipping the last of the orders promised for "early-June." Even just a few of those that were promised for "end-of-June" will be included.  Will catch most of the rest by the end of next week, though due to board shortages we won't get everyone.
Please don't e-mail about if your order is shipping yet.  Shipping/tracking notices automatically go out by 2:30 p.m.(Pacific time).  If you don't get a notice it means your order has yet to ship.  I promise we are working hard to get ISO REGENs to everyone!  Thanks for your patience.

Two more order questions: 

1) On my DAC, the optical input is directly next to, same horizontal plane, as the USB input.  I use the optical for the TV.  If I order the vertical orientation version of the ISO, will it forever more be a vertical oriented ISO?  Or do I understand correctly that its an adapter that creates the vertical orientation that can be removed and then used horizontally?

2)  What are the physical dimensions of the ISO?  Couldn't find it on the website.  I want to make sure that in the vertical orientation, the ISO will clear my rack and or allow me room to put bubble wrap to support the strain on my DAC's USB input as I will plug it directly in to avoid having to buy a second USB cable.  Also want to make sure it clears the optical cable to the side of the Dac's USB input.

Thanks.

• 2 months later...
10 hours ago, agladstone said:

Try placing the ipurifier after the ISO Regen (so I purifier goes into DAC, ISO Regen goes before it (out of computer or music server). 

I have found that by placing the IFI Micro iUSB 3.0 AFTER the ISO Regen has made a significant improvement in sound quality!! 

The Micro iUSB without the ISO Regen is not as good as WITH the ISO Regen, and the ISO after the Micro also not as good. 

I'm going to try the iPurifier 2 after the RUR and see what happens....