IGNORED

The Beatles' White Album is next in the queue

22 minutes ago, fritzg said:

Any word on the files on the Blu-Ray?

Although not sure what sample rate they infer by "high resolution" (likely same 24/96 as Pepper)  but this from the press release:

Blu-ray

- 2018 album mix in high resolution PCM stereo

- 2018 DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1 album mix

- 2018 Dolby True HD 5.1 album mix

- 2018 direct transfer of the album’s original mono mix

47 minutes ago, firedog said:

Hi-res at Abbey Road seems always to be 24/96. EMI and Abbey Road have specifically said they regard 24\192 only as an archive/mastering format, and see no practical or sonic advantage in producing material for sale at 4X rates. 

Yes, that's been their stance, and it is so absurd.  Give us the highest sample rate, the closest to the masters!!!  Especially when they already have it, and BluRay supports it.

I'm simply saying they have archived their initial work in 24/192, so it wouldn't be tough to create the masters from them.  Then anyone can downsample to fit into a 24/96 release package.  Anyway.....I'm wasting all our time here...it won't happen.   And with the limiters, etc that they work with (for authenticity) the 24/96 is likely pretty damn close to what we'd get at 24/192 anyway I guess.

• 1 month later...

And as a 5.1 surround fan the early feedback (Quadrophonic Quad Forum) is that this is a much better surround mix than Pepper was, or the recent Imagine.  Can't wait to finally get my room and system done.  This will  be surround disc no 1.