Did anyone have a chance to compare Blue Jeans 12G cable to Pasternack?

https://www.bluejeanscable.com/pages/technicaldocs/4794R.pdf

I got my Ref-10 this week, but my cable had not arrived yet. So I bought a couple of 75ohm BNC/RCA connectors from Frys electronics and connected it with my digital cable. The sound improved, but it wasn't really night and day. Then I received the 12G cable from Blue Jeans which did not have any noticeable improvement over my stop gap solution. Hence my question. Is it necessary to have Patsernack cable to bring out the more out of ref-10? 

On 4/20/2018 at 5:53 AM, mourip said:

I have tried several 75ohm cables, mostly Pro Audio, that includes the 75ohm UHD video cable mentioned a number of posts back. In my system none seemed significantly better/different than the others. I am using two cables: one to go to from my Ref10 to a Mutec 3+ USB as external reference and the second from the M3USB as external wordclock out to my Focusrite Rednet D16. 

If I reboot my server then the Rednet D16 always defaults back to internal wclk. I often forget to change it back. Usually within a very short period of time I become restless while listening to music, feeling as if something is missing or has changed. I then get a "duh" moment and remember that I need to change the Rednet setting to ext wclk. Once done then the music gets the magic back.

My purpose in saying this is that the REF10 contribution is subtle but absolutely worthwhile. However for me, in my system, the 75ohm cables have not made much of a difference.

YMMV :-)

Thanks for your input everyone. I'll keep using the BJ cable for now. So far, I have been using 2 sources.  

1. For music in the background, I use spotify on google music(optical out).

2. Oppo 203 (Coax).  

Ref-10 tremendously improves the output for the first source. With Oppo, there are subtle improvements like widening the soundstage, improved bass etc. 

At this time, I'm not inclined to buy SOTM trifecta due to multiple boxes. 

Has anyone tried Oppo Vanity board with Ref-10? 

The vanity board does it own re-clocking, so I'm not sure if ref-10 will improve upon that. But it will at least give me the ability to play my DSD files.

Quick question..I plan to use Oppo 203 as one of my source. I have already ordered a LPS for Oppo. I have additional option of modding the Oppo with femto clock.  Will that mod be redundant with Ref-10? (Although it will help for Home theater application).

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

How are people paying to Habst from USA? I tried "Zelle" transfer from Wells Fargo, but Habst said, the app to receive money is not available in Europe. Tried Tranferwise, and they ask for my username and password for my bank ? There's no way I'm going to share my bank credentials to a third party. Are folks simply wiring the money to Habst? 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
4 hours ago, LowMidHigh said:

Thanks amigo...Words of wisdom; nothing but the truth.

But I meant the sound of the Mutec combo (REF feeding MC) vs. the sound of the Eitr.

Sorry Amigo. As explained above, they are different products. I hope you are not a shill for Schiit or just a troll. Having said that, I'm sure you can compare these products and return the one you don't like and let us know  how the comparison went. Also, try to A/B X them. Who knows, you could be the first winner of  James Randi's 1 million dollars. Cheers.