IGNORED

Sonore ultraRendu v1.3

1 hour ago, soares said:

Hi guys,

Just to let you know that I received my 1.4 mR update.

Immediately I could see an overall improvement on everything. What strike me more was the sound stage and the space between the instruments and voices. Tone seems to be a little better also.

I reserve my final views to other future occasion, but so far, I must say its a success. 

Congratulations Jesus!    

Opps, it should be moved to the mR section... sorry!

Jensen VRD-iFF>Router>Rj45>opticalModule>
SFP>Buffalo2016>SFP>opticalModule >Rj45>

IZen Mk3>Rj45> Delock62619>Rj45>
etherRegen (Master Clock+ Mini-Circuits BLP)>SFP>opticalRendu>USB>IsoRegen>

USB>Phoenix>USB>OPPO 205 (Modded)>HMS “the Perfect Match”>Proac Tablette Reference 8 Signature.

1 hour ago, R1200CL said:

Or the MicroRendu 1.4 section that does not exist I think ?

Nice review. It could have been the UltraRendu I guess.  ?

People more or less reporters equal is my understanding either it is the MicroRendu 1.4 or the UltraRendu. 

I think one should have in mind that the differences between these two may depend on the rest of your system. 

Or is that a a wrong anticipation ? Why ?

From what I've seen here and in other fora, the Ultrarendu should be another animal. The mR 1.4 has minor hardware changes comparing to the Ultrarendu. In any given system I guess the Ultrarendu should provide better results. In any case I am feeding it with an Sbooster (in my system quite better than the LPS1) + sonic transporter i5  powered by  dedicated power supply also from SGC + RuR and upstream TP link 200 feed by LPS1  + Chord 2qute feed by sbooster plus ultra. Downstream  TP link by Ifi power supply. USB cables are AQ diamond and curious link. Ethernet cables are a mix of AQ vodka and carbon. AMP is a old TAC 88 (KT88) with Siltech RCA's cables. Speakers are  Proac Tablette signature or  Proac Studio 125 with accoustic revive cables.  Roon as software and some times also running HQ player in a Macbook.  I also use a Sony XA9000ES for SACD's.

USB>Phoenix>USB>OPPO 205 (Modded)>HMS “the Perfect Match”>Proac Tablette Reference 8 Signature.

• 3 months later...
On 27/11/2017 at 11:13 PM, BCRich said:

Had to pay for shipping. I don’t think the Sbooster P.S. has a 220v option.

I will double check and let you know. 

The mR with the 1.4 upgrade was good but the ultraRendu is clearly better in my opinion. Go for it, you won’t be disappointed.

Mike

I've got 2 sbooster (european model). If those are the same as mines, You just need to open them and select the appropriate voltage. If I did it, everybody can do it... :-)

• 2 months later...
On 05/01/2018 at 3:01 AM, Rasmussen said:

I have a question, because I have read that the Ultra Rendu needs to be compatible with the DACS in order to stream the full range of audio formats. I am currently owner of a MYTEK192DSD dac and plan to by the new OPPO 205 4K player. Can the Ultra Rendu stream DSD128 to my MYTEK DAC? And how does it work with the new OPPO 205 - the latter can take DSD512 through the USB DAC built in. I wonder if the Ultra Rendu can stream DSD512 to the OPPO? 

Answers would be very much appreciated!

At least DSD 256. My transporter i5 does not go over it! I am also using a 2Qute. It's a better DAC but for a smaller margin...

• 2 months later...
2 hours ago, mtcs said:

I've used  a MacBook with hqPlayer for both CD and hi res for some time. Adding a microRendu was an improvement in overall quality for both. I upgraded to an ultraRendu with even  more  improvement for both. So, I recommend that you try it. It is important, though, to get get a good power supply to make it worthwhile. I'm very happy with the Uptone LPS-1. Incidentally, I recently upgraded the the MacBook to a SonicTransporter (with Uptone power supply) which was a further improvement in SQ.

Same evolution, but I end up preferring an Sbooster. My LPS 1 is currently feeding my 2 TP Links with great success. I use a HDPlex with my STi5.

3 hours ago, al210 said:

I'm considering getting the ultraRendu. Most of my files are CD rips to flac and some 96KHZ hi res downloads also in flac.

I use A+ on a macmini now that feeds my Chord 2Qute DAC. Am I wasting my time with just the CD ripped flac files or does ultraRendu only benefit from Hi Res like DSD and such? 

The ultrarendu will transfigure the sound of your 2Qute.  I could not believe how good was the 2Qute sound after the upgrade. Chose carefully a better power supply for the uR. I bought an LPS-1 and an Sbooster. In my system the Sbooster sounded better. Cheers

1 hour ago, Superdad said:

Per user reports, the results seem to be opposite with the new generation UltraCap LPS-1.2.  9_9

Yes, it seems so! I do not exclude to try the new LPS-1.2 to feed my new  Qutest, once it arrives.

On 13/04/2018 at 9:12 PM, el_cato said:

It took me a while to figure out how to make a reclocker work in the chain... (I do like the  improvement to the sound, to my ears the SoTM tx-USBultra adds more air and more separation). 

So for the benefit of others:

UltraRendu -> FigaroUSB -> SoTM tx-USBultra -> Curious USB -> Chord Hugo 2

To make it work:

1. The SoTM USB port into which the Curious connects has to be powered ON
  2. Hugo ON *before* powering up the UltraRendu. (It seems the Hugo 2 should appear in the UltraRendu "Known Issues" on Sonore's support page (https://goo.gl/jrkr3v) at point 6, "these devices need to be on when the unit boots up".)

For the record, using UpTone JS-2 to power UltraRendu, but waiting for a LPS-2 for the SoTM and using Chord's SMPS for the Hugo 2.

Thank you for sharing. Just a question. Would you say the the SQ improvement justify the upgrade taking into consideration it's price? Tks

I am sorry guys. Not sure if I can post it here. I also posted in the Qutest posts:

"Just arrived my Qutest. I will report on my findings in 1 or 2 weeks time.
Meanwhile, I just discovered that the Qutest does not support native DSD at least with Linux (I am using a sonic transporter i5 + ultraRendu) and Mac. DSD over DoP goes up only to 256. However it acepts native 512 playback with specific drivers provided by Chord. My Oppo 205 does native 512 DSD. Any clues when and if we will get native DSD 512 with Linux and the Qutest? Thanks."

Of course it's native 512 DSD with Windows drivers... Sorry for some possible misleading.

8 minutes ago, vortecjr said:

The only way it would be possible is if Chord updates their firmware on your DAC. 

Tks for the clarification. I never saw a firmware update from chord to the chordette series. Not sure if it is possible. 

• 6 months later...
On 11/28/2018 at 7:07 PM, wilbur_the_goose said:

I posted this on the Emotiva Lounge in a thread in which I sort of lambasted Rendu users.    Decided to pick an ultraRendu on Small Business Saturday with every intention of returning it.   Not gonna happen... 

I use Roon (all FLAC) and I'm feeding the USB into a very good DAC that's a part of my Emotiva XMC-1.

Here's the thread:

===========================

Mea Culpa.
Mea Culpa.
Mea Culpa.

My trial ultraRendu arrived today. It was 35F outside (1C), so I let it warm up on a table for a few hours and then installed it. Took me about 5 minutes once referenced my XMC-1 manual to remind myself where the USB input was located.

My wife and I just spent 90 minutes playing a variety of music via Roon. 

My judgement in a blind A/B test (A = Oppo-UDP203 B=ultraRendu). The ultraRendu was easy to pick out. Fuller, more "analog" sound. Not even close.
Laura's judgement: The ultraRendu. By far.

She says, "You're not sending it back, right..." As a statement, not a question :)

I was wrong. You guys were right.

Thank you for teaching a stubborn student!

The same happened with my wife. First with uRendu and then with a good LPS feeding it. The best upgrade I did in my setup.

• 1 month later...

Zen MKIII. I use the USB input from my OPPO 205 as a Dac. 

• 2 months later...

Hi Jason, I can confirm that uR plays perfectly with Oppo 205.

I do fail to understand what might be the problem. I usually play Roon and squeezelite and I don’t see the uR in Roon but of course it is played through the uR. If I remember well when you use Ethernet with Roon and the Oppo,  in order to use usb and uR you need to switch off first the player to use Roon. And uR will show up. Is this the case? 
Another problem that you need to take into consideration is that the new Dac firmware 0118 might lead to problems with the oppo output when you’re up sampling. Is this the case? 
I feel that I was not to helpful but as I said earlier, I do not exactly understand your problem. Perhaps a couple of pics could help. Cheers Jorge