IGNORED

Sonore ultraRendu v1.3

12 hours ago, Em2016 said:

Does that mean you need to change the sample rate in Audio MIDI for each different sample rate you play? Or leaving it at 24/192kHz is enough for all sample rates at 192k and below?

Have you asked Schiit what's changed? They're really the only ones that can answer. You can ask them if this is specific to Roon but I doubt it.. If you have Audirvana (or use the free trial version) you can test and confirm if it has the same problem. Change the output mode of ultraRendu to UPnP for Audirvana to see it as an endpoint. And select Exclusive Mode.

Yes I have asked Schiit again, and they're now admitting that they may have returned the Yggdrasil with a faulty USB 5 module, but they have not explained why or how the Analog 2 upgrade might have messed with the USB 5...  As much as I hate doing this, I am going to have to RMA the YGGY back to California for another service run (The thing just arrived yesterday from its Analog2 upgrade trip, so to say I am bummed about having to send it back tomorrow could be considered the understatement of the year, at least of my year!  But what else can I do?)...  I'm also pissed because this looks like the result of some very sloppy, and careless work on Schiit's part...  At least this looks like something very avoidable, because the Gen5 USB was in flawless working shape when it went out on the Analog 2 upgrade trip...  But let me stop here because I do not want to get worked up anymore than I currently am already... )

12 hours ago, rlow said:

The Analog 2 upgrade swaps a pretty major board and does some firmware updates too. Perhaps there were also some running changes in the Gen5 USB boards and they wanted to give you the latest version. For whatever reason, looks like you have a faulty USB board. It sucks yes, and I'm surprised it wasn't caught in testing, but hopefully they can turn it around for you quickly. These things can happen. You will definitely be happy when you finally get it working I guarantee you, just a bit more patience is required (it's hard I know, but what can you do). Hang in there!

12 hours ago, sahmen said:

Yes I have asked Schiit again, and they're now admitting that they may have returned the Yggdrasil with a faulty USB 5 module, but they have not explained why or how the Analog 2 upgrade might have messed with the USB 5...  As much as I hate doing this, I am going to have to RMA the YGGY back to California for another service run (The thing just arrived yesterday from its Analog2 upgrade trip, so to say I am bummed about having to send it back tomorrow could be considered the understatement of the year, at least of my year!  But what else can I do?)...  I'm also pissed because this looks like the result of some very sloppy, and careless work on Schiit's part...  At least this looks like something very avoidable, because the Gen5 USB was in flawless working shape when it went out on the Analog 2 upgrade trip...  But let me stop here because I do not want to get worked up anymore than I currently am already... )

Well here is the latest update on this front :

I can't explain what has happened or how it happened, except that, this morning, something said I should try hooking up the USB 5 again with another computer (an older Macbook Pro) and cable before packing my Yggy for another service trip to Schiit Audio, and bam! USB 5 decides to show up on the computer.  I go back to my other, newer, Macbook Pro, and USB 5 shows up again (it wouldn't 2 days ago)! Then finally, I re-hook up the Ultrarendu with USB--even with the Phasure Lush cable, and bam! the Ultrarendu can now see the Yggdrasil...  So everything seems to be working fine...

Again, I have no explanation for this sudden responsiveness of my USB 5, where it was completely non-responsive a couple of days ago...  Gremlins?  Effects of some of the Analog2 firmware updates that rlow was referring to?  I do not know.  However, I think I am going to monitor it for some time and see how stable the performance is before taking another step.

Make no mistake, I am very happy to see it working normally again, in the meantime,  although, I also feel a little embarrassed, strangely, as if I have just overreacted unnecessarily to a set of trivial hiccups..., but I can live with it, as long as my USB 5 stays working, and does not become temperamental again...  Fingers crossed!.