IGNORED

Sonore ultraRendu v1.3

Jamesg11,

Jesus mentioned to Andreas that it would be incorporated into the next firmware update when it is pushed out to the general population. What that means for users of other DACs I can't say. It surely won't break them. For users of Playback Designs Merlot DACs it means that they can now play DSD files natively to the full capability of their DAC without using DoP. I'm sure Jesus can elaborate more what this means for other users.

I'm agnostic about sq issues concerning DoP vs. native DSD; the issue for me when I had to use DoP was DoP topped out at DSD128 because the max sample rate my DAC will do in PCM is 384. So my DSD256 files had to be converted to DSD128, in my case by Roon or HQPlayer before I could play them.

As I wrote above, not a big issue in the overall scheme of things since there is not a lot of commercial content out there yet in DSD256, though HDTT has some excellent titles transferred from tape to DSD256. It's nice to be able to enjoy really good recordings in as high a DSD rate as possible, particularly as the Merlot DAC does such a great job playing DSD. If as I hope there is a Playback Designs Pinot ADC in my future my collection of vinyl transferred to DSD256 will grow quite a bit.

Steve Z

VPI-HW40 Anniversary turntable, Grado Aeon3 cartridge; Teres turntable, VPI Fatboy gimbal, Dynavector XV1-S, Lyra Helikon mono; Taiko Audio Extreme server, dCS Vivaldi DAC, Upsampler Plus and Clock, Cybershaft OP21 Reference Clock; Playback Designs Pinot ADC; D'Agostino Momentum M400 amplifiers, Momentum HD preamp, Momentum phono stage; Wilson Audio Alexx speakers, 2X3 SVS SB16 Ultra subwoofers; Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR & Typhon, Shunyata Sigma NR & Alpha NR power cords, Sigma interconnects, digital and speaker cables; Stillpoints ESS grid system rack; Stillpoints Ultras and Ultra 5s, component stands and cones under everything, ASC Tube Traps . . . and lots and lots of music.