IGNORED

ISO REGEN launch thread! (product web page up; photos, etc.)

Hi @T-Bone, I don't mind at all.  This dongle thing was a result of seeing some posts asking about using one LPS-1 to power both ISORegen and SU-1 together, and since I have this LT3045 set for 5V not doing anything at the moment, I soldered the 4S6 cable to the input and have the output soldered directly to the 5V input connector pins, and then set the LPS-1 output to 7V to show as another option for people planning on using a Y-connector from single LPS-1 to both ISORegen and SU-1, but prefer using 7V instead of 5V.  This mod turned out improving the overall SQ quite a bit, so even though I will be powering ISORegen and SU-1 using separate LPS-1, I will still be keeping this mod.

I don't have more pictures at the moment, but can take more if you need it still when I get home from work later this evening...in the meantime, I just placed an order for more of this regulator since I also planning to try comparing LT3045 against Belleson 3.3V (what I currently have), but they will take couple weeks to get here, so if you want, I can wire one up for you to try for a few days before you order any parts to make one yourself.  Send me an email if you are interested.

9 minutes ago, gstew said:

Or if you are handy with soldering (as I remember you are), you can make up an adapter cable with a low-ish drop-out 5v regulator at the output end and run the LPS-1 in 7v mode. I have done this with a Dexa, a Belleson, and an Acko AKR75 into an SDTran384 SD Card Player & Allo.com Kali reclockers with always good, sometime very good results. For your 5.25v application, the Belleson or one of the TPS7A4700 or LT3042 add-on regulators would be best... the Dexa specifies a 2v dropout and the ADM7151 regulator that can be used in the AKR75 maxes at 5.1v.

PM me if you need assistance on this.

Greg in Mississippi 

Exactly what I did with mine, except I am using LT3045, but same idea.

SU-1 with LPS-1 at 7V.jpg