IGNORED

ISO REGEN launch thread! (product web page up; photos, etc.)

5 minutes ago, Middy said:

Just an open Question for the Regen owners. What was the best way to support it? I know people used wood blocks. I can only think of Lego as an adaptable solution. Or find a mini bottle jack.

Anyone come up with a good solution?

Cheers Dave

the regen is quite light so you don't actually have to support it -- i've had mine hanging off the back of my gumby for a couple of years with no problems.

if you need to support it, you can use just about anything.  legos actually sound like a great idea -- you can get an exact fit.

(1) holo audio red (hqp naa) > chord dave > luxman cl-38uc/mq-88uc > kef reference 1
(2) simaudio moon mind 2 > chord qutest > luxman sq-n150 > monitor audio gold gx100
2 minutes ago, Energy said:

Also, the ISO Regen takes 6-8V whereas the SU-1 takes 5V. Using a split power cable, how can I properly power both units with one LPS-1? Do I need to use a voltage drop resistor for one device when the LPS-1 is set to 7V?

alex has previously said that it is not possible to use a regen/iso regen with the su-1 off of the same lps-1 because of the voltage differences.

i'm pretty sure he'd say you can give the resistor a try but you'd be on your own.

(1) holo audio red (hqp naa) > chord dave > luxman cl-38uc/mq-88uc > kef reference 1
(2) simaudio moon mind 2 > chord qutest > luxman sq-n150 > monitor audio gold gx100
  • 1 month later...
12 minutes ago, darren700 said:

@Superdad

Hi Alex, I received my ISO Regen today (powered by LPS1). Sounds awesome so far, but I have a quick question. I have the 90deg version of uspcb and after plugging it into my Yulong DA8 II Dac, the ISO is not sitting 90deg (more like 80deg) due to stress from my cables I think. will this damage the uspcb over time? should I add some support underneath it to try and straighten it? see attached picture.

Thanks

P_20170615_191112_vHDR_On.jpg

I'd definitely do something. I don't consider my uspcb to be a heavy duty device - not designed to do more than support the iso regen.