IGNORED

Superclocks

On 4/25/2017 at 9:33 PM, plissken said:

Queue up your material and then switch between inputs. Have someone do some random swaps and see if you can follow the yellow bouncing ball without knowing which is which.

Another blind test to prove otherwise? :)

I am running 18 zones simultaneously in sync using 4 different kind of DACs. Some of them cost $8.99 only. Of course, I downsample all my files to 44.1kHz. Not sure I am hearing any phase noise or even timing errors except at the beginning before JRiver syncs them. I must be missing something.

57 minutes ago, mmerrill99 said:

Now how a clock on a purely digital upstream device can audibly affect the DAC requires a deeper system analysis 

It is possible that clock can affect the SQ. This article answers all those questions raise here

http://www.soundonsound.com/techniques/does-your-studio-need-digital-master-clock

Conclusions

Overall, it should be clear from these tests that employing an external master clock cannot and will not improve the sound quality of a digital audio system. It might change it, and subjectively that change might be preferred, but it won't change things for the better in any technical sense. A‑D conversion performance will not improve: the best that can be hoped for is that the A‑D conversion won't become significantly degraded. In most cases, the technical performance will actually become worse, albeit only marginally so.

21 minutes ago, greenleo said:

In my point of view, a DAC is an analogue device.  Different analogue signals may give the same digital value after quantization but still different analogue signals.  Hence different clocks give different analogue signals and the DAC outputs different sound.

Dfference also can be due to different sensitivity and impedance of the DACs. There seemed to be no standard number in Audiophile's DAC.