IGNORED

DIY DC power cables

7 hours ago, pl_svn said:

... is this one the original 4S6 or a fake? printing says it's Made in Japan :|

5 hours ago, Middy said:

I think it's made in both USA and thier company home Japan... 

I thought they were French....?

I have Canare 4S11, and it has a gray PVC jacket. I have also seen the black jacket. All insulating material in photos (cotton and teflon strips) look like the same as mine. Canare is a Japanese company.

Late 2012 Mac Mini > Audirvana+3 > iFi Zen Stream > Heimdall 2 USB >  iFi iDSD Micro BL > Pass Labs INT-30A > DeVore The Nines! + REL Strata III

Well-Tempered Amadeus Benz ACE SL > Pass Labs XOno

"Water is the most critical resource issue of our lifetime and our children's lifetime. The health of our waters is the principal measure of how we live on the land." - Luna Leopold

• 2 weeks later...

"... whose DC cord was so bent..."

Late 2012 Mac Mini > Audirvana+3 > iFi Zen Stream > Heimdall 2 USB >  iFi iDSD Micro BL > Pass Labs INT-30A > DeVore The Nines! + REL Strata III

"Water is the most critical resource issue of our lifetime and our children's lifetime. The health of our waters is the principal measure of how we live on the land." - Luna Leopold

15 minutes ago, austinpop said:

To save himself trouble

He set his solder a-bubble

Now everyone listens to his setup intent!

No wait, how did we manage to pull this out of the gutter?

Nice save!

• 4 weeks later...
22 minutes ago, sockpit said:

Just do it.  When I was a kid, probably 7or 8, I got a soldering iron for my birthday.  And some radio shack kit for making a radio.  Now at 55, I still own the iron and used it yesterday to make my own DC cable.  It's a cheap iron, but did the job of tinning and fusing the quad star ends just fine.  Can't believe I've schlepped it with me all these years.  Anyway, soldering isn't all that hard if you're  patient and let the wire get good and hot.

I still remember the sound of my 8th grade teacher's voice when I'm tinning and drawing solder up.

If I can do it, you can too. of course, everything was easier when lead was around. I also wonder how much higher my IQ would be?