IGNORED

Oppo UDP-205 Universal Disc Player

12 hours ago, Birddogthecat said:

OPPO UDP-205 & TIDAL

Does the 205 stream Tidal? I have the OPPO Sonic DAC & it streams Tidal. I would like to add the 205 for spinning discs but I have read that there are no built in APPs as is the case with the 105/105D (I wish I had not sold my 105D).

So, if anybody knows what is going on with streaming via the 205 please let me know. Is there a firmware update planned to include any APPs?

I sent OPPO an email and asked if the 203 or 205 stream, answer no. 

The Truth Is Out There

6 hours ago, BigAlMc said:

Was the question they replied "No" to, whether the 203/205 support streaming now, or whether they will get round to adding apps in the future? 

I'm upgrading from the 105D to the 205 and this means I'm losing Netflix. Sure I can add another box (Nvidia Shield or suchlike) but

A. I don't want another box

&

B. Come on Oppo (we love you guys) but respectfully I want my top of the range 4k player to be doing the business for Netflix. 

If streaming Apps like Netflix and Tidal are not on the roadmap then perhaps Oppo needs to rethink this one. 

They said no.  I asked well OPPO added an update to allow Tidal so how about a update at a later date and they came back with this

"

Chris,

The player was designed to be more streamlined and run faster than the previous generation of players. This necessitated that we did not include any streaming services in the player. The player does, however, have the ability to be augmented through firmware, so it is always possible that we can add streaming services to the player through future firmware releases.

Best Regards,

Customer Service
OPPO Digital, Inc.
162 Constitution Dr.
Menlo Park, CA 94025 "

The Truth Is Out There

• 11 months later...