IGNORED

I just bought a Bose product and really like it, does this get me banned?

• 2 months later...
On ‎4‎/‎15‎/‎2017 at 11:37 AM, Musicophile said:

As I'll switch to an IPhone 7 soon and Inspired by the Travel Headphone thread I just bought a pair of Bose QC35, to get bluetooth capability. 

I compared them in store to the Sony and Sennheiser noise canceling headphones in the same price range, and the noise cancelling technology was so much better, I went for Bose. 

Which Sony? The MDR-1000x is pretty good. I also like the sound a little better. Plus it doesn't get me banned from this forum.

NUC10i7 + Roon ROCK > dCS Rossini APEX DAC + dCS Rossini Master Clock 

SME 20/3 + SME V + Dynavector XV-1s or ANUK IO Gold > vdH The Grail or Kondo KSL-SFz + ANK L3 Phono 

Audio Note Kondo Ongaku > Avantgarde Duo Mezzo

Signal cables: Kondo Silver, Crystal Cable phono

Power cables: Kondo, Shunyata, van den Hul

system pics

12 hours ago, Musicophile said:

Yep, that one. I wasn't fully convinced sound wise. The Bose clearly has a "manufactured" sound but I still preferred it to the Sony. Maybe it was just the better NC in the noisy store. 

Pretty hard to compare these two at a store in a few minutes, frankly! :) Regardless, I think they are more alike than different.

Also, I have another reason to prefer the Sony: I have a Sony ZX2, which has LDAC - a high resolution bluetooth implementation. So for me in particular the Sony is a better fit.

Now go back to discussing music because your equipment credentials have been revoked! ;)

NUC10i7 + Roon ROCK > dCS Rossini APEX DAC + dCS Rossini Master Clock 

SME 20/3 + SME V + Dynavector XV-1s or ANUK IO Gold > vdH The Grail or Kondo KSL-SFz + ANK L3 Phono 

Audio Note Kondo Ongaku > Avantgarde Duo Mezzo

Signal cables: Kondo Silver, Crystal Cable phono

Power cables: Kondo, Shunyata, van den Hul

system pics