IGNORED

Lynx card won't work with 10.4.11

rlodad

Hi again all,

I finally managed to get 10.4 on my G5, upgraded to 10.4.11 so I could get up to date iTunes. Now my Lynx AES 16 PCI card doesn't seem to work with Audio Midi in Tiger. Am I missing something? It worked fine with Audio Midi in Leopard, but now it identifies the card, but says "input is not supported" and "Output is not supported" at the bottom of Audio Midi and therefore I cannot set anything. I am really wondering why I went through the nightmare of back dating to Tiger and reinstalling all my music. Any ideas?

thanks

2.26 GHz Mac Mini (Late 2009), 8 GB RAM, 2 External Seagate 7200 RPM 1TB / Firewire 800/ Wavelength Wavelink/ Berkeley Audio Alpha DAC / Nordost Blue Heaven IC / Musical Fidelity KW 750 / Nordost Blue Heaven Speaker cable/ Magnepan MG 3.6r with MYE stands / Custom purpose built listening room

Thanks, Chris.

Unfortunately the G5 is in the music room , so I cannot give you a screen shot. In essence, Audio MIDI comes up with an input option of the standard digital in and the AES 16. If you choose the AES 16 (It says "AES 16 in slot 2"), the entire bottom half of Audio MIDI (where you normally set bit rate and sampling) are whited out and on the left it says no input and the right it says no output. I know you use 10.4.11, that's why I dumped 10.5.8 which worked great, but was supposed to sound worse and wiped the disk and installed 10.4! :^( The install process was: Erase HD, install 10.4, upgrade through Apple.com to 10.4.11 and upgrade the Java and iTunes as it suggested. One thing I am wondering about, is that I did a small install, no foreign languages and maybe importantly no X11. Is x11 needed for the lynx or audio midi to work? I'll try to get a screenshot.

Brad

2.26 GHz Mac Mini (Late 2009), 8 GB RAM, 2 External Seagate 7200 RPM 1TB / Firewire 800/ Wavelength Wavelink/ Berkeley Audio Alpha DAC / Nordost Blue Heaven IC / Musical Fidelity KW 750 / Nordost Blue Heaven Speaker cable/ Magnepan MG 3.6r with MYE stands / Custom purpose built listening room

Chris, I brought the airport express into the music room to get on the net with the G5. Here's the screenshot of AudioMIDI (Or lack therof). FWIW, the BADA recognizes the AES 16, and changes sample rate on the LED when I change sample rate in Lynx mixer. Could it be that I need to upgrade AudioMIDI? This is version 2.1.

Thanks.

Brad

BTW Chris,

I'm so frustrated, I almost looked for the shit key you refer to...

:^)...

Well, I finally solved the problem. If anybody gets the above attachment as their Audio MIDI setup screen, the problem is a mismatch between the Lynx driver and firmware version. I was using firmware v. 22 and driver 47, which I thought was 42. When I uninstalled 47 and installed 42, voila, everything worked perfectly.

Thanks again Chris!