IGNORED

Euphony Audio Transport ─ Euphony OS ─ Embedded, Headless OS For Music Servers

If Euphony OS functions as an HQPlayer NAA, that makes it like a streamer/endpoint. And that means that some other computer upstream needs to be doing the upsampling on either a Windows based computer with HQPlayer desktop or a Linux based computer with HQPlayer embedded. 

Is it not possible to install Euphony OS on the upsampling computer, install HQPlayer embedded, and then have a fully OS optimized playback chain?

• 7 months later...
On 9/28/2018 at 11:21 PM, Chopin75 said:

How about audirvanna for windows? It has worked great for Mac OS with El capitan or lower OS. It sucks woth Sierra as direct mode is gone. Perhaps windows version would work better now.

I've never really heard too much about Audirvanna. I knew it was Mac only back in the day, but then got ported to Windows. I've never tried it and never really heard that it was "enthusiast" style. My impression was that it's more like a nicer iTunes? I do remember on Mac is used to be said to deliver the best sound, but that was back before the real "computer as a dedicated source" happened these past 4 years. 

On 9/29/2018 at 9:10 PM, bibo01 said:

There is also GentooPlayer.

I tried a quick goggling of this, but not much info. The link you shared seems to be the only source of info about it?

Can you fill us in a little about what it is, what it's based on, and what it'd be comparable to functionally and then sonically? 

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/21/2018 at 11:42 AM, Chopin75 said:

I am deciding if I should get the European Buggy vs the US euphony streamer. which I was told has less CPU than the Buggy. Upsampling with HQplayer I would need European Buggy. 

The other option is just stick the SATA SSD into a intel NUC but I heard that may be inferior option. 

Another option, is to boot from a modified Mac-mini with 8 GRAM. duo core. but needs to the mod to DC power etc. 

I wondered what the difference or deal was with the Euphony Zotac Buggy vs. the PTS streamer they have listed on their US site.

But that can't be all its about... just a cost/supply difference? To me it looked like the Zotac Buggy was like a prototype and got phased out. No?

On the other hand, I did find, what I figure to be, the exact same Euphony PTS streamer computer on Alibaba for like $250 USD. No Euphony Stylus OS and no guarantee all the components or BIOS settings are the same, but it sure looks the part. 

Anyway, might help shed some light on the value of integrated computer A vs. B vs. XYZ...

Oh, OK. Yeah I knew how to find the Zotac model that Euphony used earlier on with the Buggy, but what I meant was where the "Euphony Zotac Buggy" was available for sale and whether the current, US site PTS/Zenion server was better/worse or simply a newer iteration. 

And haha, my real focus was more so on that Buggy shelf thing. I want one of those to put under my server...