IGNORED

Just got a Yggdrasil!

10 minutes ago, Jud said:

Good stuff.

Do you take special precautions regarding your hearing?

Yes, to a point. My helmet has ear muffs with speakers for my pit-to-car communication system. It lowers the ambient sound down from ~103 dba to ~80 dba. I m also a Skeet shooter. There I wear ear plugs that provide 33 dba of attenuation.

It fits in the PCA GT-3 class. It's built for a special class called GT-L for the PRC here in Northern California. We race with NASA. It has a 3.6L air-cooled normally aspirated engine.  The second race weekend of the year is next weekend. At the first race weekend, I put the car pole both days, had the fastest laps in both races, and won both races!

2 minutes ago, gmgraves said:

Congrats! Do you ever race at Sears Point? Love that track!

Yes, most of our races are there. It is my favorite track by a large margin. Technical and challenging. I have about 6000 laps around that place on bikes and in cars and I am always learning new things about it.

3 hours ago, Ralf11 said:

what happens if you take a real dry DAC and run the output thru a phaat tube pre-amp?

say the Schiit feeding an old CJ pre...

34 minutes ago, semente said:

As they say, two wrongs don't make a right... 

Sometimes you get something called "synergy". Often you get "yuck".

I don't care if someone expresses an opinion that says they don't like the Yggdrasil. Not everyone is going to like the Yggdrasil.

My problem is when they use scope data to suggest the DAC is crap and then admit they don't know if what they hear and don't like has anything at all to do with the scope data. Of course, going on and on about it is grating too. It gets even more ridiculous when they get a maker of another DAC to help then shed light on the Yggdrasil problems. No conflict there.

Finally, when just about everyone else on the planet can't hear the alleged problem doesn't help their cause either.

That last review just goes to show the lunacy of the attacks. 

3 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

Lighten up Magoo. 

Posts like this aren't allowed on CA. I hate that I have to say that to an adult. 

Like manisandher's post was all that much better than LarryMagoo's??? His is a childish post poorly hidden in what would otherwise appear to be an opinion.

I have blocked manisandher's posts because all he is doing now is trolling...and you just let it continue. It diminishes the value of this place.

2 hours ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

You're the one making claims here. The onus is on you to post quotes or links. Complaining without supporting your point only hurts your point.  

Claims? Here is the BS post:

From my time with the Yggy, Stereophile's class B rating for the Yggy is about right.

Mani.

That is the post LarryMaGoo responded to. Mani's only possible intent with that post was incendiary and childish. How can you not see that????????? Your criteria for choosing the posts that are childish is perplexing.

8 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

That's so far from childish it's not funny. Mani gave his opinion about a product that he purchased and used for a while. You disagree with his opinion, then say so. 

He had already given his opinion in the thread MULTIPLE times. Look at the timing of that post. His post was made with one purpose in mind: to piss off Yggy fans. That is why it was childish. It's amazing that you cannot see that.

I couldn't care less what his opinion is. What bothers me is the clear malice he has for the product. This is why he is blocked. He has admitted that he has no idea if any of the alleged negative data he presented has anything to do with the sound that "makes his ears bleed".

His opinion? Yeah, that's all it is......

I don't care if it audio or brain surgery...a jerk is a jerk and it is bothersome to have that crap posted. Again, that is why I have blocked him. Yet his crap still contaminates the thread. I am sure I will get to see the results of his crap posts in any other Yggy thread I get to read. I won't be the only one bothered. Which is why you should care enough to tell him that one post about his disdain for Yggy in each thread is more than enough.

Again, I had this opinion of his posts well before I EVER though I would spend more than $300 on a DAC. So you can't say I feel this way because he does not like the DAC I bought.

Ieranmyturns,

You operate from an incorrect position. I don't care what he thinks and I don't need to win an argument stating that Yggy is a great DAC. I am object to having to read his opinion over and over again which is why I blocked him. But that doesn't stop his crap from spilling over into the posts in the thread I can read and influencing the posts or others.

Posts intended to irritate others others "disguised" as valid "opinion" posts are a problem that CAN be controlled by moderators that choose to open their eyes and see the post and posters for what they are. I put "disguised" in quotes because the posts are only disguised to those that are fooling themselves into thinking they are valid opinion posts. To what end I have no idea.....

39 minutes ago, patagent said:

Right back at you.  So far you've played amateur psychologist/mind reader when it comes to mani's intentions and professional fanboy when it comes to the Yggy.   

Nice try...but you have failed. I have not attempted to psychoanalyze anyone. I don't have to be a mind reader to figure out that a certain someone has "issues" with Schiit or the Yggdrasil.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...