IGNORED

Just got a Yggdrasil!

On 01/04/2017 at 4:22 AM, Samuel T Cogley said:

+1

Over two grand and I have to GET UP?!  I've tried to train myself to be mindful of what input I'm going to listen to before I sit down.  Oh well, first world problem I suppose.

Given the Yggdrasil works best on the AES3 input, the changing of the inputs by remote is not that a big deal, is it?

AS Profile Equipment List        Say NO to MQA

1 minute ago, earnmyturns said:

It depends on how you intend to use those inputs. Even if you have AES for your top-quality music source, you might also have other sources, such as an AV system or a (I know, I know) Chromecast Audio to listen to podcasts. In my living-room system, I have an IR control system to manage the different sources and their associated equipment (Oppo AV source, Sony video projector, projection screen, Chromecast Audio, input switching), but to make that work I needed an integrated amp with its own DAC for the lesser quality sources, while the Yggy does only music. It wasn't enough to keep me away from the Yggy, but it's unnecessarily redundant. Oh well...

I see, was really only referring to the single source. OT, have been looking for DAC with at least four coax inputs plus AES3 and hot shot DSD256 to cater for TV, radios but nothing is out there just yet. There's a pro audio device, name escapes me for the moment ,which can accept four coax inputs, tos and convert to AES3 output. The switching is performed by remote electrical inputs, maybe this will work for you.

found it. 

http://www.rdlnet.com/product.php?page=449

AS Profile Equipment List        Say NO to MQA