IGNORED

Three Cheers for Qobuz App!!!

I dumped Tidal for Qobuz a few months ago after I managed to VPN in to France to open a streaming account.  I'm very happy with their classical and jazz library, their curation, their website, and especially their newish app for iPad and Mac Desktop.

These apps are just VERY well executed.  I've tried Roon, but don't have a large stash of local digital file to manage.  Nor do I want to spend the extra dough on their stunning interface.  Nor does Roon yet accommodate Qobuz users.

But for my streaming purposes the Qobuz app (streaming to my mRendu via Shairport) is more than adequate.  It sports a beautiful and very functional interface.  It has yet to crash or have a glitch.  It provides the liner notes on many of its offerings.  The search functions works great.  Saving favorites and building playlists is a breeze.

My benchmark for comparison on all this is Kazoo and Lumin.  Qobuz app is much more intuitive and easy to use.

As for SQ, perhaps theoretically (although I don't know), DNLA on the mRendu is supposed to be better than Shairport.  But I'm not hearing it at all.  Nor did Roon sound any better than Qobuz streaming over Shairport.  There is a 2 second latency, but I can live with that.

Upshot: if you subscribe to Qobuz and are still controlling this through Kazoo or Lumin, give Qobuz tablet or desktop app a whirl!

@arcman.  I downloaded a free vpn app called tunnel bear.  I set it to a server in Great Britain.  Then I went to Qobuz British site and signed up using a gmail account.  It let me pay with pay pal.  Every month I'm chargesd about 25 bucks.

Once you have an account you need not vpn in to use it.  Just type your user name and password into the qobuz app, or kazoo, or lumin, or A+, and you are good to go.

emailing them begging in my best French got me nowhere.  This did the trick

Yep Qobuz has its game on.  Let's hope it survives and expands to North America soon.  Every week a new batch of music to sample.  Well organized, easy to make favorites and manage.  DNLA has only slight advantage over the app plus Shairport, in my system.  In fact, the app is as slick as Roon.  It just doesn't manage libraries.