IGNORED

Build a 100% Audiophile computer.

Two big items that can lead this search are 1) HQPlayer and 2) use of a microRendu. 

HQP requires power.

mR enables you to use a big fat ugly PC and put it in another room.

In my experience, when using the mR, my computer didn't really matter because I was sending audio over Ethernet and it was powerful enough to do what I needed. 

Others have very different experience though, and only you will know which path will work in your situation. 

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

1 hour ago, GUTB said:

MicroRendu is dead to me until it can do DSD512.

I built a cheap, fanless audio PC using parts lying around as a sort of trial. That trial was a success -- clearly improved audio quality. Next step is to build a 100% fanless i7-7700K PC, using the gigantic Quiet PC 95W TDP cooler -- which should actually be arriving tomorrow. Then I'll figure out the best, most compact case I can get away with that can take my Paul Pang V3 card and also fit the giant heatsink.

nofan-icepipe-95.jpgCIMG0203.JPG

I want to be able to run HQP+Roon using the poly-sinc filters upsampling to at least DSD256, but I really want 512 for a future DAC upgrade.

All audio is dead to me until I can get native DSD1024 :~)

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png