IGNORED

Site Issues, Updates, Changes, and Feedback Thread

31 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

You'd have to bring that up with your ad blocker developer. Try disabling it once and see how many ads you get. Zero :~)

righto. The cover page features a lot of links to youtube, which is a little different to an ad link. There are 6 blocks on the page, but when allowed, the count is zero. Damn software coding, full of fabrication.

AS Profile Equipment List        Say NO to MQA

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
17 hours ago, gsquared said:

I’m having the same issue again. When I try to load a thread (the long thread “Novel Way To...”), it reloads twice than gives me the message on the attached screenshot. Again, I’m on an iPad running the current version if IOS.

00791AB4-DA3E-417E-9FBD-FE7093165239.png

Also this page

This page was open for a 'while', then a red X message, there was an error refreshing the page. When manually refreshed, the similar message to what you posted. Have also seen the same message appear on the monster length thread. Only on Safari on the iphone. Maybe the word improve should be banned?

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
1 hour ago, Jud said:

Or another reputable password app, such as LastPass.

Or Keeper. At work we use Ping ID, the host web application sends a request to Ping ID, which sends an encrypted to request to a phone app. Enter a refreshed code to type in of six digits or fingerprint to authenticate, then the app opens. We had to go through several hoops to provide authentication, email & SMS in the beginning, it's seamless and very reliable, even works on crappy network phone connections.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

A couple of days ago, replaced a Galaxy Note 10+ which worked fine creating and replying to posts with a replacement S22+, the AS posting editor is omg, uncontrollable~!

a) When replying to a post, the quoted text is highlighted, when starting to tap to reply, the cursor goes AWOL, the keyboard vanishes, and can't type a thing with the keyboard disappearing and re-appearing in circles.

b) In the PM screen, can barely type one sentence 10 words or so, then the cursor appears several pages down, with the sentence being spread out shotgun style. Can't remove the 'carriage returns' since there are at least a hundred, then the sentence fragments again.

System:

Android 13

GUI 5.0

Kernel 5.10.81

On 12/18/2022 at 8:16 AM, The Computer Audiophile said:

I am trying to reproduce this on a Samsung tablet with Edge and I just can't. 

When Edge's data is purged [Privacy and security| Clear Browsing data], the AS editor works fine to reply to a post..

When Edge is restarted after the purge, the bad behaviour returns. Is there a cache for the AS editor, maybe that needs a reset?

Chrome works fine, but allows ads through on websites other than AS, whereas Edge blocks them. I hate ads. So for now, will use chrome for AS, and Edge for everything else on the Android phone.

7 hours ago, Jud said:

There are any number of ad block extensions for Chrome, with uBlock Origin generally acknowledged to be among the best. Or you could use Vivaldi, a Chrome-based browser that can be set to block ads by default.

For the PC, there are many choices, Adblock (white hand on red circle), was freeware, it worked so well, I bought a yearly donation scheme. That app doesn't work with Edge or Chrome on Android, the choices are very limited, with using the Samsung browser accepts a 3rd party ad blocker or choices as you mentioned. I'll give uBlock a shot, but am so used to Edge which kills all ads, yet sites don't complain the blocker is on, like a set of worn in boots, hard to change.