IGNORED

EQ In The Digital Domain....

I use JRiver parametric EQ for music playback but for watching movies from my Oppo Blu-Ray player, I use miniDSP nanoDigi for parametric EQ. They both feed my DAC into the amp. The downside of the miniDSP for me is that it upsamples 44kHZ or 48kHz via ASRC to 96kHz first and then applies parametric EQ. Psychologically and for other reasons, I would have preferred no sample rate conversion with the parametric EQ.

Sent from my iPhone using Computer Audiophile

I use JRiver parametric EQ for music playback but for watching movies from my Oppo Blu-Ray player, I use miniDSP nanoDigi for parametric EQ. They both feed my DAC into the amp. The downside of the miniDSP for me is that it upsamples 44kHZ or 48kHz via ASRC to 96kHz first and then applies parametric EQ. Psychologically and for other reasons, I would have preferred no sample rate conversion with the parametric EQ.

Sent from my iPhone using Computer Audiophile

The Room Perfect chip in the Ergo runs at 96/24. It also uses a chip to perform the upsampling. After playing with it a lot of many years decided it sounded best when fed 96/24 files. Using PM to do this yielded better results than the chip.

That is not an option for SPDIF signals.

2012 Mac Mini, i5 - 2.5 GHz, 16 GB RAM. SSD,  PM/PV software, Focusrite Clarett 4Pre 4 channel interface. Daysequerra M4.0X Broadcast monitor., My_Ref Evolution rev a , Klipsch La Scala II, Blue Sky Sub 12

Clarett used as ADC for vinyl rips.

Corning Optical Thunderbolt cable used to connect computer to 4Pre. Dac fed by iFi iPower and Noise Trapper isolation transformer. 

Thanks for all the input guys.[emoji106]

So, I'm using my laptop as my media player as well as streaming Spotify. In this situation, what software would you guys recommend for strickly two-channel listening? Parametric and/or graphic equalization.

Thanks again.[emoji4]

Sent from my SM-G920R4 using Tapatalk