IGNORED

Audirvana Plus 3 (official thread)

7 hours ago, rruffin said:

Cool. This is like meeting a long lost family member...

If you don't mind my asking: 

What software are you using on the Raspberry Pi? Did you have any problems controlling the volume (meaning, did Audirvana and your software - mine eventually was Volumio - play nice together? I had a very difficult time finding Pi software that did not keep the volume jumping to full volume. Have you noticed a difference in sound quality among the different Pi softwares?

Do you use Audrivana's upsampling and other advanced parameters (Steepness, Pre-ringing, etc...)? If so, can you imagine trying to fine tune a digital front end without them (like so many folks who use a DigiOne)?

Do you keep track of the power supply upgrades (as reported in the Allo section)? What are you using to power the "clean" side?

Thanks and thanks for the Audirvana folks for tolerating this side conversation...

No problem answering your questions. My answers are in bold italics.

What software are you using on the Raspberry Pi?  Volumio. I tried DiePi which wasn't as user-friendly and MoOde didn't really work well for me. I rarely use the Volumio GUI since Audirvana does almost everything as the front end interface. Did you have any problems controlling the volume (meaning, did Audirvana and your software - mine eventually was Volumio - play nice together? I had a very difficult time finding Pi software that did not keep the volume jumping to full volume. Have you noticed a difference in sound quality among the different Pi softwares?  I didn't really play with the volume much between the Pi software and I usually use the volume knob on my headphone amp to adjust. I noticed that you can control the volume from audirvana if you select "Software Only" in the Volume Control Type area of the Audio Volume Preferences. I usually though have it at full volume on the software, Pi and DAC and adjust as needed on my Amp. In doing so I have not noticed fluctuation in volumes though when I have different listening sessions with the Amp knob static. 

Do you use Audrivana's upsampling and other advanced parameters (Steepness, Pre-ringing, etc...)? If so, can you imagine trying to fine tune a digital front end without them (like so many folks who use a DigiOne)? I have not used any upsampling or other adjustments besides sometimes using the Reveal Plugin for my Audeze LCD-2 headphones. 

Do you keep track of the power supply upgrades (as reported in the Allo section)? What are you using to power the "clean" side?  I've seen a lot of the conversations in the Allo threads and I figured batteries would be a hassle and an LPS is a pretty costly upgrade for a $330 device and might not make a perceivable difference in the end. I did have a iFi iPower handy and compared it to the standard Allo Power supply (which is quite good) and noticed no audible difference. I use the standard Allo PSU to power the clean side. I may try out something else in the future but I'm content for now.

Thanks and thanks for the Audirvana folks for tolerating this side conversation...

Hi, I was wondering if anyone is getting inconsistent results switching between audio devices on the remote app.  I am running Audirvana Plus on an iMac hooked up to my Schiit Gungnir DAC and if I want to switch the audio device out to my UPnP Raspberry Pi (using Volumio) via the app, it will not give me the option to do it. If I have Audirvana Plus device switched to something else (ie, Built In Input, Hiby R3) then it will allow me to switch to "Volumio" via the app.

Is there some other way I may need to configure my main computer DAC (Gungnir) in order to allow the the audio device to be switched via the App?

9 minutes ago, damien78 said:

No delay in it, 3.2.15 is just a quick workaround release.

The Beta version of the new free upgrade for Mac users (version 3.5) will be available in the 2nd half of February.
It will bring you a fully redesigned User Experience and "Dark Theme" optional interface along with a few nice surprises...
I know some of you expected it sooner, but we want this very significant release to be pleasant and smooth. So just a bit more patience.
Thanks!

Damien

Would be cool if the next version could identify MQA or Hi-Res albums on Tidal & Qobuz without having to click through them.