IGNORED

Audirvana Plus 3 (official thread)

First impressions is that this sounds lovely, and MQA on Tidal is pretty close to local files in comparisons. However, +1 on searching in the masters which is a pain and today I've been having some strange issues with the remote app which is struggling to connect properly. Worth the upgrade just for the sound though

Really struggling with the remote at the moment. It connects and I can change tracks in a playlist but it never quite manages to load in the album art and everything is behind where it should be. Can't select an artist because it never loads up the list. I've shut down the remote app and Audirvana and it persists. I hope there is a solution because I run my system headless and rely on the remote

Really struggling with the remote at the moment. It connects and I can change tracks in a playlist but it never quite manages to load in the album art and everything is behind where it should be. Can't select an artist because it never loads up the list. I've shut down the remote app and Audirvana and it persists. I hope there is a solution because I run my system headless and rely on the remote

Problem solved, at least for now, strange network issue

• 4 weeks later...

I wen to bed last night with 3.03 working brilliantly on El Capitan and sounding sublime, this afternoon I have 3.04 which is so far as buggy as hell.  So far I've had an Audirvana helper installed for some reason, slow library, two crashes, and an unable to get exclusive access message in the course of two albums. Is it possible to roll back to a previous version at all? 

3.04 is completely unusable for me.  I can;t see any of my albums now on the main screen or the app although it's showing there are 30,000 songs.  And it is crashing every time I change the view.  It's bad enough, running headless, now having full functionality with an under developed remote but it's always been reliable and sounded great.  When it gets to a point where I can no longer access my music, and I have to wire a bloody monitor up to see what's happening it's being frustrating.  If anyone can offer any help with this, or tell me how to go back to 3.03 I'd be very grateful.  Damien, it would be useful if you could test new releases before they come out as thiis is damned annoying!

Edit, I have deleted and reinstalled and, touch wood, I can now see my albums.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Why, when that feature is unlikely to be used by the vast majority of your current user base and there are already options like Minim and Asset that do it really well?   Why have mission creep and risk impacting on quality for existing users when you could improve the navigation and finally develop the remote control to ensure you are the best offering in your current sector?