IGNORED

Iso regen

Hi Danny:

Actually yes, but not because of the galvanic isolation--which you already have with the mR and LPS-1.

The enhancements to the REGEN (which sonically are more significant that the galvanic isolation which took a frustratingly long time to make work right) are what benefit the microRendu--and every other device.

I've been listening to my microRendu feeding the ISO REGEN (version of the board with and without the Silanna isolator chip) for a while now, and it sounds fantastic.

The combination of the great signal integrity USB 3.0 hub chip we chose (which lmitche and Jud separately picked blind from very early beta units last summer), the ultra-low-phase noise Crystek 575 clock, the e beefing up and separating of the power networks, and the 5(!) separate ultra-ultra-low-noise LT3042 regulators--those are the things that really contribute to the leap ahead of the ISO REGEN.

And some of the above--especially the clock--are why ISO REGEN is of benefit to even the hub-chipped "regen" output of the microRendu.

Best,

--Alex C.

Sent from my iPad using Computer Audiophile

Hi Alex,

I hope to, at some point, hear more about how you addressed the problem of jitter with the galvanic isolation.

Up to this point, it seems like one had to trade off the benefits of GI vs. SI when talking about the likes of Intona and Regen. This is why so many of us were using the two in series - Intona for GI, then Regen or RUR for SI.

What always concerned me about that was, in realizing the GI benefit, were the poor jitter and clocks in the Intona damaging SI more than could be recovered by the Regen?

If your secret sauce in the ISO Regen is to avoid that GI/SI tradeoff, then it should be something very special!

Great! Can I use an y cable to power both the microRendu and the IR at the same time? Will you provide a quality y cable in your IR package?
Sure. Read post #32 just above. I posted a photo of exactly that! http://www.computeraudiophile.com/f27-uptone-audio-sponsored/iso-regen-31769/index2.html#post645281

Alex,

So, using one LPS-1 to power both sides of the ISO-R's "moat" is OK, from a leakage loop perspective? Since the mR is on the "dirty" side?

I can see why, since the LPS-1 is isolated from the AC mains ground, but just confirming.

Alex,

I'm going to be politically incorrect, and ask you this outright.

I currently use an Intona + RUR (powered by LPS-1) combo. If I were to replace with an ISO-Regen (powered by LPS-1), would I be a happy camper?

Note: I do NOT use an mR. I currently have the Aries Mini, but assume I'll be driving with an sMS-200 (powered by another LPS-1).

• 3 weeks later...
23 minutes ago, Superdad said:

I promise you will.  Very soon.  I'll start a new thread and post pics and details.  Will announce the new thread in this one so that subscribers don't miss it.  

(Oh wait, on the new CA forum its "Content", "Topics", and "Followers", not Posts, Threads, and Subscribers. :P)

Yeah Alex, get with the program!

I'm hoping you notify current customers by email too?

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Superdad said:

P.S.  We will have a nice surprise for everyone. It will be revealed when the ISO REGEN web page is up and I start a new thread with everything announced.   Hint: Something a lot of folks want will be coming "free" with every ISO REGEN!

Alex, enough already! :)

You've taken teasing and delayed gratification to a Tantric level. People are now having wet dreams about the ISO Regen!

7 minutes ago, Superdad said:

Sorry Scott, they are not available for pre-order just yet!  I was working on the web page and forgot to make it "invisible."  I just refunded you purchase.

Trying to get the pages up and the rollout going.  Might as well tell you guys the news here even before I start the official ISO REGEN launch thread:

The USPCB is going to come "free" with every ISO REGEN! :D

Price to order it separately--and not until after the first wave of ISO REGEN units is out the door--will be $30 or $35 (I have to see how much final labor is involved with the heat shrinking and DIP switch hole punching).

And here I thought we were getting a free LPS-1 with the ISO-Regen. :D

But kidding aside - that is awesome!