IGNORED

HQPlayer Linux Desktop and HQplayer embedded

ted_b

17 hours ago, Miska said:

I don't know. I guess those are dual-core? Maybe it works just barely to DSD256. My older Mac Mini works only up to DSD128.

They seem to use a Haswell based 2 core one clocked at 2.6 or 2.8 GHz, so I guess I should not expect more than DSD128. After all building my own with a 9th gen i5 or i7 still seems to be the better option :)

• 4 months later...
2 hours ago, Miska said:

NUC8i7BEH is notably more powerful version, so I would go for that one. More important than amount of RAM is to have all memory channels populated, so in this case having two memory modules.

Thanks! I will likely go for the NUC8i7 and 2x8GB then. Also HQPe can be perm installed onto an Optane drive right?

• 2 months later...
4 hours ago, Miska said:

Can you describe why? Power button initiates shutdown, and restart can be be done by shutting down first using power button (takes about two seconds) and then starting again (takes less than 10 seconds).

Let me try to address that. Sometimes the PC running HQPe is far away (in the basement etc) and pushing the physical button would take addition steps while clicking on a shutdown button on the web interface could be done from anywhere. 

15 hours ago, Miska said:

How do you get it back on? It feels strange to have a one-way option...

You only need two wires and a button, you don't even need a case to have it. It is very simple.

Alternatively one could have a remote controlled relay connected to the motherboard power button pins.

As for myself, I use to start/turn on all my equipment when my day starts. Pretty much only servers are kept on 24/7. The ability to turn HQPe off from the web interface would provide some additional convenience. Is this functionality requiring a lot of code/testing or you just don't see the need for it?

Talking about improvements, a bit less "spartanian" looking web UI would be very welcome as well. Not thinking of anything too fancy, but something similar to Sonicorbiter OS. 

• 2 years later...